FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection at times - Revert Router Firmware Update request

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 21 of 21

Hi,

I've noticed recently that my internet connection to my work laptop ( vpn connection ) has slowed down. My wife is also having issues at home with connecting to her work laptop ( vpn connection as well) and at times we have been forced to tether to our mobiles. These issues have only started happening recently and i'm wondering if my router has recently received a firmware update?

I'm pretty sure it has and if this is the case can you revert the firmware to the previous version. Currently my router is on version SG4K100136.

Thanks

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi marksc

We can try one more factory reset? My only worry is we break the router if the update keeps failing.

0 Likes

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 21

Is it an issue at your end with the update. Could one of you're colleagues try to update the firmware? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi marksc

We can usually just update/change the firmware on the router but I'm having issues updating your firmware. It is stopping me completing all the steps I need to take to put you on a different firmware version.

Apologies for this.

0 Likes

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 21

I can try the other router but surely its possible to change the firmware especially when it has successfully been updated. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi marksc

Thanks for confirming this. The firmware updates are still failing.

Would it be ok to test with the router I have sent when it arrives please?

0 Likes

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 21

Hi Debbie - router light is a solid white 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi marksc

I'm still having the same issue with the firmware, apologies for this.

What light is now showing on the router?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi marksc

Great thank you. I'm trying again with the firmware, please can you leave the router switched on now.

Debbie

0 Likes

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 21

Hi Debbie and - that's been done 

Message 10 of 21

Hi marksc

Could you try a pin hole reset for me for ten seconds please?

0 Likes

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 21

Hi Debbie 

I had turned off the light on the hub and when I try to log on to router it's not recognising my credentials so maybe it's been reset? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi marksc

Can I just check, what light is showing on the router at the moment?

0 Likes

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 21

Hi Debbie 

Can you try again. I know firmware updates have been successful for others. I'd like to continue using the hub router as prior to firmware update things were fine. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi marksc

I'm really sorry, the firmware update has failed and I can't connect to your router.

I have sent out a new router, this is a different make and model and will work ok with VPN.

You should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21
0 Likes

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 21

Thanks Debbie

Message 17 of 21

Hi marksc

Yes no problem 🙂

I will start the the update at 12 today and post back to confirm once this has been completed.

Debbie

0 Likes

marksc
Whizz Kid
Message 18 of 21

Hi Debbie, 

If you could make the change to the router between 12pm and 1PM that would be great. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 21

Hi marksc

Apologies for this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware, this should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Hi @marksc,

SG4K100136 is the newest firmware, that has only been rolled out fairly recently, the support team here will be able to help more tomorrow.