FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed

morrchrstphr
Whizz Kid
Message 30 of 30

Had some electrically work done I’m home so router was turned off my download speed has now gone 50 to 35 have router router turned off for 30 mins but still same speed nothing was touched on the router setup now been 10 days hoping open reach would boost speed back up but to know avail could you please give them a push to do it please ? Many thanks 

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Hi morrchrstphr

If the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges should be applied.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30
Hi it’s very close to the minimum speed just enoying it’s been up around 50 download for months I can’t afford any engineers charges so will have to leave it and hopefully dlm will increase thanks
0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Hi morrchrstphr

Thanks for confirming your details.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 45.1 and 40.6mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 36.5mb.

Your line is currently in sync at 35mb. Would you like me to arrange an engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

Hi morrchrstphr

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30
Yes could you check the predicted speeds first? Thanks
0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

Hello,

Possible engineer charges would apply if the engineer identified a fault on your own equipment or if the speed is currently within the minimum predicted speed range for the line. Would you like us to check the predicted speeds first?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30
Hi I having no disconnections would the engineer visit be chargeable to me for doing the dlm ? Thanks
0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Hello,

Thanks for testing this. I've re-run the line test now which is clear. Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

morrchrstphr
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 30

Hi been 8 days since putting new router in still in test socket but speeds haven’t change getting 35 download to router 31 WiFi which is well below my minimum guaranteed speed I’m not getting any disconnections just need open reach to up the speed can you sort this please thanks 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30
New router came today plugged into test socket hopefully speed will rise over next few days thanks for new router
0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30
Ok that’s great Karl hopefully new router will sort it thank you
0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi

I'll get another router out to you so we can make sure the router is not causing the issue.  If speeds still remain low after 48hrs of connecting the new router then an engineer will need to be arranged to reset the DLM.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30
Hi no changes at all
0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Have any devices been added, removed or changed around in the last 24hrs?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30
Hi yes not moved line always been in test socket thanks

Message 18 of 30

Hello,

I've re-run the line test now which is clear, however I can see that the speed has started to drop again. Is the router still connected at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30
Hi speed gone back down to 35 download can you check line again please
0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. If the connection remains stable then hopefully DLM will continue to increase the speed further.

Thanks

0 Likes