FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow faster fibre

Fedup8
Conversation Starter
Message 22 of 22

In January 2020 my guaranteed speeds were approx. 51/17 Mbps and I was achieving slightly better performance.

As far as I am aware I have not downgraded my package and I am certainly not paying less, however, my "expected" download speed when tested this afternoon was 27Mbps. Therefore, no fault found.

Throughout last summer, connection speeds fluctuated but I ignored it due to the pressures of Covid-19. My contract is about to expire so I am keen to resolve this issue one way or another.

Please will someone investigate why my connection has become so slow and have the issue rectified?

I look forward to hearing back soon.

Regards,

John

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 21 of 22

Hi @Fedup8,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.