FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre broadband and wifi cuts out

ZarActon
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

Hi My broadband has been slow for a few days some times down to 5mbs normally 70mbs also for the last 6 months the Wi-Fi stops working and I have to reset the router. I have chatted to talk talk twice before about the Wi-Fi with no resolution. I have suggested a new router but talk talk were not able to send it at that point in there investigation.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Zah

Zah
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 13

Hi ZarActon,

Thanks for the update. If you do need any further assistance from the Community team can you please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your community profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Phoned talktalk  technical today, they  tested the line it was very slow at 3.7mbs download. Upload was OK at 18mbs in the end they switched me to Fibre 65 which is the same speed as I am now and will send me a new router. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Zah
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Debbie

This morning the broadband speed dropped to less than 5mbs, reset the router, back to 70mbs 30 mins later back to 5ms sounds like the same problem from another thread see below:

Hi, 

I have the same issue as described in the link below. (constant low speeds, hard reset of router boosts speeds for a short time)

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Reset-Router-to-Get-Speed-Back/td-p/2105604/page...

Please would you send me the DSL-3782 router or latest router?  "

Hope this helps thanks

Zah

Zah
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Ann_Droid

Downloaded the scanner the 2g channels are busy but I am the only one with any 5G channels so there should be no interference on the 5G.

Thanks for your help

Zah

Zah
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Ann_Droid

I will download the scanner and see how busy the WiFi channels are thanks for the links

Zah

Zah
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Debbie 

Yes split the SSID over 6 month ago as there was a lot of interference so have 5G and 2G going.

Some times we cannot connect at all to the SSID and have to reset works for about 30min before we have to reset. Some times it will work for a day or so before resting. 

Thanks

Zah
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Broadband speed intermittently slow again down to less that 5mbs have to reset router regularly

Zah
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi ZarActon

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tried splitting the routers SSID's?

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13

Hi

Spit the frequencies.

Re-position the router.

Add an extender etc.

I assume the problem occurs because neighbouring Wi-Fi's cause interference and maybe your Wi-Fi changes channels.

TT can perhaps intervene, and you can look for the quietest channel in your area.

Open Source can mean Safe Source.Open Source can mean Safe Source.https://lizardsystems.com/wi-fi-scanner/https://lizardsystems.com/wi-fi-scanner/ 

Message 10 of 13

Broadband speed seems to be back to normal now around 70 mbs

Just need help with the WiFi not working. Usually hangs in the evening and the router having to be reset to fix it for a while, before it happens again.

Thanks

Zah
0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Yes the WiFi stops working and you cannot connect to the router. I also have a wired ethernet connection witch still keeps working and the router lights are all green. I have reset the router to default setting a few times  and made sure that the firmware is up to date

Zah
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 12 of 13

Do you actually mean the WiFi stops working and you cannot connect wirelessly to the SSIDs ?

What happens to wired connections ?

When you have the problem what does the router light(s) show ?