FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre speeds

domdorris
Conversation Starter
Message 23 of 23

Hi, my fibre link speed is no longer 39mbps, it's dropped to 25mbps over the past couple of months. I've repeatedly called about it, ran all the tests and usual diagnostic stuff. I've had the engineers out too and I'm getting really bored with continually having to complain about it .  

Please help,

Dom

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi Dom

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Hi Dom

Thank you 🙂

I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

I'm happy for you to proceed Debbie, thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi Dom

Are you happy for me to raise this straight over to our Network Team now or wait to try at the test socket again?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Sounds like a good plan since there's no difference when connected to the Master Socket 5C's test socket .

Many thanks Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi Dom

Thanks for your reply.

If the connection is still dropping with the router at the test socket then I will pass this straight over to our Network Team. This testing will help rule out any possible issues with the face plate or internal wiring.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

No I didn't use the test socket but I'll do that now. The supplied cable is too short for me to use so I have a dedicated longer cable. I did change the filter to one of the supplied ones. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi Dom

Thanks for your reply.

Did you connect the replacement router at the test socket? Did you also use the new cables and filter?

I can then raise this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hiya Debbie,

Yes I'm afraid so. I've restarted the Router only once since install so that I could move some wiring but that's it. The line speed is now less than 15000kbps which is way down from the 39999kbps that I had. According to the router, the line is capable of 75999kbps although, I don't have the faster plan. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi Dom

Is the connection still dropping with the replacement router? (I can see re connections on the line)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi Debbie, thanks for the advice, I certainly hope it does improve since it has now dropped again down to 16495kbps!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi domdorris,

Thanks for the update. It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable. Could you bump your thread tomorrow morning and we can re-check to see if DLM has made any changes to the sync speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

domdorris
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 23

Hi Debbie,

New router arrived and set up.

I'm afraid the speed is still slow....it's now down to 17999kbps😭

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23
0 Likes

Message 15 of 23
Ok Debbie, will do.

Many thanks.
Dom
0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Hi Dom

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

domdorris
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 23

Hi Debbie, the D-LINK router replaced the HG533 router that I used to have but if you think that this is the best course of action, then yes order another please .

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi Dom

Thanks for your reply.

I think we should send a HG633 router for testing purposes, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Debbie,

Sorry I'm at work just now so can't confirm absolutely what the router model is but I think it's the d-link 3782. It's not currently connected to the test socket as having an open socket is a hazard in our home. In previous tests, speeds while connected to the test socket haven't been much quicker .

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi Dom

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router at the test socket? Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes