FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet speeds

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 19 of 19

Hi, faster fibre running below 2mbs again ?  No change to set up, pleas advise what’s going on?

thank You. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Morning,

Just checking in to see how the speeds have been over the last few days? 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19
0 Likes

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 3 of 19

Thank you Michelle,

I’ll keep checking over the next few evenings,

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Morning,

Our Network Engineers have identified an issue and made a change. Please let us know how the evening speeds now compare going forward.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Morning,

I've raised this over to one of our Network Engineers now and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 6 of 19

Hi Chris, 

not that I’ve noticed, why would that make a difference if the drop is in the evening / night ?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Dai-garw,

If you switch the router off for 30 minutes in the evening when the speed is low does the speed increase?

Chris

0 Likes

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 8 of 19

Thank you Gliwmaeden2, screenshot uploaded 

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 9 of 19

FA3EFF85-1268-4424-943D-F9508FA5EDE3.jpeg

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 19

Screenshots should upload OK on a mobile if you click on this icon in the row of options at the top of the area where you are typing your post, @Dai-garw:

20210910_001213.jpg

 I use that, as I don't see a camera icon. 

Compensation is only automatic for complete loss of service, but if faults and intolerably poor speeds (below the guaranteed minimum for your line) continue for more than 30 days after reporting, you should be able to leave without penalty. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 11 of 19

Hi, how do I go about getting compensation for this poor service,  no more try this try that, I used to get the service I am paying for, nothing has changed my end with my set up etc, I’ve tried to upload a screen shot of tonight’s measurement - guess what, file type not supported.  0.7mbps is the reading, I can email it if you need to see it.  Can you help get this sorted or at least compensate for the misery it’s causing.

Thank You 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Dai-garw

Please can you run a wired speed test this evening using the TT speed tester so we can see the results?

Can you also ensure that no other devices are connected and in use when running the speed test.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 13 of 19

Hi Debbie,

ran the test this morning and yes it’s running at 37 - 38.  The issues happen in the evening  / night.  

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Dai-garw

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 38.3mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 15 of 19

Ok Keith - thank you 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 16 of 19

I'll ask TalkTalk to investigate then.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Dai-garw
Team Player
Message 17 of 19

Both, I’m running WIFI, my son is using a wired connection - had the same issue a few months ago that lasted about a week, always in the evening / night 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Have you logged on to the router & checked the speed there? If you have one of the WiFi hubs, this is in the initial dashboard area.

How do you connect to the router, via a wireless or wired (Ethernet) connection?

Which make/model of router are you using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?