FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed between router and devices

Shaz20
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hi,  I have been having trouble with TV players buffering for the last month. I have turned everything off several times and ran a speed test several times. The speed test shows there is slow speed from router to devices. Is there anything i can do about this please?

Shaz
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

Can you try the box direct to the router with a a cable and this will help to see if it is the connection via powerline adapters that are failing.

You can also try moving the adapters around and make sure they are direct into wall sockets.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Yes, it buffers a lot on the TV when connected with powerline adapters. No other devices seem to be affected. If the TalkTalk box is turned off and restarted it is then better, but this is happening everyday. Sometimes the Talk Talk box just shows a black screen when turned on.  

Shaz
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Just to confirm, is this when connected wired? Is the TV the only device experiencing this issue? Is the connection/performance ok on other devices?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

The download speed is 5Mbpl. The main problem is the TV players buffering constantly using the TalkTalk TV box which has adapters to connect.

Shaz
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

Ok, please let us know how you get on. If the speeds are ok when connected wired then we can offer more advice in regards to the wireless connection.

Thanks

0 Likes

Shaz20
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 9

Thank you i will try your suggestions. Download speed is 5Mbps. Problem is the TV players buffering through the TalkTalk TV box.

Shaz
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks very consistent. Does this also happen if you connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

If connecting wirelessly, download a WiFi analyser and check for interference.

Select the least congested channel.

Set the 2.4 GHz bandwidth to 20 MHz in the router settings.

Update the player software or divers.

What speeds are you getting ?

How many devices are streaming and in what resolution ?

0 Likes