FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed in the evening

garytastic
Chat Champion
Message 33 of 33

For the last 3 days I've been getting very slow speeds in the evening.

In the morning it's fine and I get a ping of 20 and download speed of 25Mbps, but come the evening and my ping has gone up to 40 and my speed has dropped to 5Mbps,

This is both wireless and wired also I've tried 2 different routers and the same with both so not a router issue.

Could somebody look into this for me.

Thanks

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

OK thanks, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 33

That's ok, Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 33

Hi garytastic,

Our network team have booked friday 9th PM, please let us know if this is not suitable 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 33

OK I'll ask our network team to check

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 33

Would you be able to tell me if the 9th is available? and I can see if I can get the time off work.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 33

Is Friday the 9th no good (don't know if it's available but it may be)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 33

I can only do Fridays so the 16th or 23rd, PM

0 Likes

Message 8 of 33

Thanks for the PM.

Could you give a couple of dates when you can be available for the engineer visit and we'll book the earliest available 

We can't guarantee 100% that you won't be charged, it depends on the engineers findings

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 33

I'd like a PM appointment but can I specify which day? as there's not always somebody in.

It's the service management centre who say I need an engineer as there is a fault on my line so does that mean I won't be charged?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 33

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 33

If you could help arrange it I would be grateful.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Hi garytastic,

It looks as though the network team have been trying to contact you to arrange the engineer visit. If you'd like us to arrange the visit please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 33

Hi, I've had 2 phone calls from someone at The Service Management Centre regarding my slow speeds. They said they were going to contact me on my alternative contact number but they haven't.

They left me a message on my answer machine saying that there was a clear fault on the line  and I do need and Open Reach Engineer.

Do you have any idea what this fault is?

My speeds had gone back to normal for a few days but they have dropped a bit over the weekend.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 33
0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

Thanks. I will post back on here if this issue returns.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 33

Hi garytastic,

Ok, no I understand. Please let us know 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 33

Yes I will monitor it for the next few days. I don't want to have to take time off from work for an engineer visit if there isn't a fault.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 33

Hi garytastic,

Thanks for the update. Not that I'm aware, the last update from our Network Team advised that following their investigation they had been unable to identify any issues at peak times. Could you monitor the connection over the next few evenings and let us know how this compares now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 33

Hi, the last 2 evenings my speeds have been back to normal so was there a local fault that has now been fixed?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 33

Hi garytastic,

Our Network Team have been unable to find any Network issues and we also can't see any sign of congestion of an evening so the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes