FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed

morrchrstphr
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 13

Hi my min speed you say I should get  if 36 download speed for months max I get is 35 download speed but if I go into router settings line is capable of 55 download speed which I used to get 6 months ago router is the talktalk hub connected straight to bt nt5 box into test port using a micro filter Iyou have sent me another router sometime  ago but made no difference to speed  all I want is my speed back to 50/55 download has I’m on the upto 65 speed tariff I have changed the 1 grey wire going from bt box to router changed micro filter and changed WiFi channel on 2.4 and 5 ghz channels all my speed tests are done using WiFi have no main pc just iPhone iPad and smart TVs hope this can be sorted now getting fed up with slow download speeds other family members near me get 60-70 download speeds and I no depends how far you are from the main bt street box but I have had speeds of 50/60 before thanks 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

I'm sorry but we would need to arrange an engineer visit. DLM sets a profile based on errors and disconnections so if DLM is setting slow profile then there will probably be an underlying problem causing errors and/or disconnections to be outside acceptable limits on faster profiles

Chris

0 Likes

morrchrstphr
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 13

Ok thanks for that what o can see in the router settings max line speeds are 55 download and 15.5 upload the noise margin is 6.10 for upload but 11.90 for download this is why I’m only getting max of 35 download can this not be done without a engineer visit has I can’t afford one many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi morrchrstphr,

Engineer charges are explained here - Engineers charges - please let us know if you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit and we'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

morrchrstphr
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 13

Hi yes both filters have been plugged into the test socket for over two days with new cables and micro filter will the engineer visit be free ? Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have both routers, cables and microfilters been tested at the test socket for at least 48hrs? If this is the case then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

morrchrstphr
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 13

Hi Karl this is the second WiFi hub you sent me and both have had this speed hope this helps thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi

Your profile is set at 35mb and this is below the estimated speed of your line of 40-45mb.

Have you another router for testing ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 13

Hi morrchrstphr

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

morrchrstphr
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 13

Hi download noise margin is 9.2 have phone connected to bt box no noise or crackles looks like might need a engineer hope they don’t charge thanks for the info 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 13

Ah ok, what is the 'noise margin' / 'noise safety coefficient' value in your router stats saying, is this showing a value significantly higher than 6dB, as that could be an indication that Dynamic Line Management (DLM) has adjusted your line profile.

If your sync speed is lower than your estimated speed range and guaranteed minimum speed then some further investigation would be required as that may indicate an issue with the line.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

0 Likes

morrchrstphr
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 13

hi current synch speed is 35  max is 55  have tried router off for 30 mins makes no difference to sync speed stays at 35 down 15 up 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @morrchrstphr,

You say that when you login to the router it says the 'line is capable of 55 download', what exactly do you mean by this. Is your routers sync speed currently 55, or is the 'maximum rate' 55 but your current sync speed is much lower ?

If your current sync speed is 55 then try switching the router off for over 30 minutes, this will get you a new session in the street cabinet, and can often get your throughput speed back up to something much closer to your sync speed.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.