FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds at peak times

Ruairi99
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

I really am beyond fed up with these speeds dropping to 1mb dl or less all weekend and after 6pm each evening. I am paying for a service that is imperative to my employment now as well as entertainment for the family during lockdown.This is the exact same problems lots of people had back in November when i posted. I jumped through the normal hoops of wired,unwired,removing faceplate,using a different modem when the whole time it was a network issue with talktalk..at midnight each night my speed improves immensely and i get what i am paying for..back in novemeber the issue was fixed in a day or 2 when talktalk finally admitted the problem was at their end as it had affected so many of us. That being said as i thought the problem was fixed given the time passed i signed up to the fttp broadband..im expecting to go live this friday 22nd..if i see these sporadic issues with that i wont want to be tied into a 2 year contract for something thats not fit for purpose and only works sometimes. How much cooling off time do i have when fttp goes live? And is there any chance at all in the meantime i can get a proper service to whatever remaining time i have with faster fibre? Many thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi Ruairi99,

Would you mind retesting this evening and letting us know if there is any improvement please as this should now be resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 6

Hi Ruairi99,

We've now identified a possible issue and our Network Engineers are working to resolve this. I will post back here again to confirm as soon as they come back to me to advise that the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Ruairi99,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Network Team now and I will post back here as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Its exactly the same as back in November Michelle. Around 6pm until 11.30pm i drop to 1mb dl or less..right now and at all other times i run between 28mb dl and 30mb dl..uploads remain the same. Its become a nightmare..i have tested this wired and wireless and also removed faceplate as well as restarting the router on numerous occasions

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this and we can ask our Network Team to take a look to see if they can identify any issues. Would it be possible to run a few more wired speed tests when the speeds are good and also when the speeds drop and I can escalate this straight over for you.

Thanks

0 Likes