Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speeds since installation

42 REPLIES 42
Josherz
Team Player

Hello talktalk community,

Having a a few issues with my internet speeds, since my internet was installed on the 10th I’ve never had my estimated speeds which is 40 Mbps - 62 Mbps. Did have a line fault which bt came out and replaced some cable outside my house but still my sync speeds are still around 32mbps. Router is always switched on and not turned off. Think it’s possible I need a dlm profile reset since the phone fault has been fixed? That was over a week ago now. Maybe a faulty router? Any ideas? Also to mention my router is connected to the test socket but made no difference this was requested by one of the talktalk techs on live chat.

Line 1
DownstreamUpstream
KeithFrench
Community Star

Turn your router off for a minimum of 30 minutes to clear all sessions & it will hopefully reset DLM into the bargain. Then retry it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Josherz
Team Player
Thanks did try this few days ago still the same
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Josherz

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 32mb.

Please can you leave the router at the test socket for 48hrs without rebooting the router. We can then check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed (if the connection remains stable)

Thanks

Debbie

Josherz
Team Player
Yeah it’s been in for around 24 hours now will message tomorrow to see if any improvements
OCE_Debbie

Hi Josherz

Thank you. I will also check the connection stats.

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi Josherz

I've checked the connection stats again and the speed has remained at 32mb. The connection only appears to have remained stable since 01/04 so I will check this again on Monday.

Thanks

Debbie

Josherz
Team Player
So wait until Monday now to see if anything changes?
OCE_Debbie

Hi Josherz

Yes please. I will check the connection stats again on Monday morning and post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Josherz
Team Player

Still no luck, up time for router has been 4 days tomorrow will be the 5th been stable just no speed increase

Josherz
Team Player

Just checked today and still the same as before 

Josherz
Team Player

Update still rubbish will be cancelling contract if not sorted. As it’s nearly been a month since signing up and haven’t had the guarantee speed

OCE_Karl

Hi Josherz 

I can see that this has been passed to Openreach for an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Josherz
Team Player
I’m sure it won’t get sorted will be the 3rd one. If it isn’t sorted after tomorrow once he visit I’ll moving back to virgin
OCE_Karl

Hi

Please let me know once the engineer has been and I can check the Openreach notes.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Josherz
Team Player
Fixed, I’m getting my est speed now. 43mb download and 14mb upload
OCE_Karl

Hi

That's great news.  Glad to hear the connection is working as it should.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Josherz
Team Player
Noticed another problem connection has been stable since being fixed but now the router keeps turning its self off
OCE_Michelle

Hi Josherz,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to rule this out?

Thanks