FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds

Loofah
Whizz Kid
Message 25 of 25

After moving house and spending what seemed my entire life on the phone to your call centre trying to get reconnected, I'm finally back online but getting widely varying speeds. 

This morning it was 6mbs and a bit later 17. Last night it was 27 which is the fastest its been but still quite a way off the guaranteed speed of 35

Can you check the profile please?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25
0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Wired into the master socket. TBH the figures are decent enough not to fret about it anymore so all done for now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi Loofah,

Glad to hear your speed has improved, sync speed is now 40Mbps. Have you run your latest speed tests on wired or wireless devices, or both?

if your throughput speeds are below the guaranteed minimum we can ask our network team to investigate 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25
OK I'm getting over 30mb now so a decent enough speed but not the guaranteed speed of 35. Just curious as to what happens if the guarantee isn't met by TT?
0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi Loofah

Apologies for the delay.

If the speed does drop any further then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

You can use this as a shortcut way of getting to the TalkTalk speed checker, submit your full phone number at the end with no spaces and it will be logged against your account:

http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Message 7 of 25
Anyway, speed is usable which is what I care about for now - I'll just leave this and maybe circle back to it at a later date
0 Likes

Message 8 of 25
I did!

Now can't connect to https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/ but all other sites are fine??

This site can’t be reached The connection was reset.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi Loofah,

I've checked and I can't see any speed test results. Just to confirm, did you use the TalkTalk Speed Tester? What throughput speed are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25
OK all complete. better but not 35!
0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi Loofah

Thank you. Please can you run the speed test using the TalkTalk speed tester so we can see the results?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25
Sure. I'll have to do it later but will update when complete

Message 13 of 25

Hi Loofah

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25
I'm on the faster fibre package with the Sagem hub. I got sent an older D-link model (the same as when I had standard broadband); it rang a few bells is all.

Yes, connected to the test socket
0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

When you say the "wrong" router which model do you mean? Are you currently connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25
I should have mentioned - part of the getting back online involved an helpdesk manager deciding it was the router and sending a replacement. It was the wrong router for the package which sent alarm bells off and I got online shortly after asking if they had in fact connected the correct package. No settings had been altered, just endless diagnostics which got us nowhere. As soon as I asked the question I miraculously got broadband back...

So anyway, yes I have another router and I get the same results
0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Do you have another router that you can test with? If not then we can arrange to send one

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25
ethernet cable. I also tried wirelessly with phone and ipad with similar results
0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

And how does the device that you're running the speed test on, connect to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25
...and now varying between 9 and 12... sometimes lower. This is all over the place!
0 Likes