FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

clevedonsc
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

Hi, our connection is suffering very low upload connection speed less than 1Mbps when it is normally around 8Mbps.  Nothing has changed at the premises regarding router wiring and the router is plugged directly into the test socket.

Please can this be looked into.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi, I arranged an Openreach visit over the phone and they fixed an external wiring fault yesterday.

This case can be closed, thanks for the help.

Andrew

Message 3 of 14

Hi clevedonsc,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi, great but the installation is in a clubhouse where no one will be present to answer the phone.  I am dealing with this, my mobile ending 295 is in the forum profile.  Please advise or feel free to contact me on this number to arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Andrew,

It looks as though our network team have been trying to contact you to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi is there an update please?  The connection is struggling and not fit for our purpose in this state.

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Andrew,

Line test is now picking up a potential issue so I've logged this out to Openreach as a non-appointed task. Openreach will carry out checks on your line over the next 72 hours, they may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

Message 8 of 14

Hi, thanks for the quick responses.

Entirely up to you if you want to send a router, I will happily get it installed if you think that could be the issue.

I have attached a screenshot of the tech info from the router from last Sunday.  Why is the upstream line rate well below the maximum upstream rate?  The maximum is about where it typically has been for a year or so, around 8Mbps.

Are you able to confirm the link speeds up and down please?  The tools in the online account only specify download speed which has never been a problem.  Really it should specify both upload and download link speed.

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi clevedonsc

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, would you like me to send the router to rule this out?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi, I ran the online checker and it automatically arranged an engineer visit.  They've been and had this update on Wednesday:

"We've sent an engineer to fix a problem with your line and we're now monitoring it. Your connection might take a few days to adjust. If you find that you are having any further issues after 2 days please go to your online service centre where you can live chat to our support team."

The connection is still struggling, upload bandwidth is hugely down from what it is capable of 8Mbps usually.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi clevedonsc

We can send a replacement router first to rule out any possible router faults before arranging an engineer visit.

Would you like me to send the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi, I will have someone listen on the phone for any noise.

Sorry no alternative router to test with.

I checked the premises myself, currently only the router is connected into the faceplate that includes the filter.  No extensions or anything.  Photo attached.

The router is in a clubhouse that has not been used since lockdown, so certainly the hardware has not been changed or disturbed.

Since you were unable to diagnose from your end, would it be possible to arrange an engineer visit please?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi clevedonsc,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now however the results are inconclusive. Is your voice service ok with no noise on the line? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes