FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowed linespeed after repair to line

Vinay10
Participant
Message 3 of 3

Hi I'm hoping somebody can help, I reported a problem with my connection a few months back and after testing and new routers it was found that there was damage on the line somewhere along the road near my house which was fixed the engineer also upgraded the socket in my house to the latest standard and my broadband was working again. The problem sits as the speed has never been the same, I've been with talktalk for a number of years now and I'm paying for the fastest fibre in my area and the boost aswell I've always had speeds of over 60mbps, this has now dropped and I can barely get 50mbps sometimes not even 40mbps. I've thought about switching but it's just inconvenient. It's causing problems with the household as I have 3 kids and their Xbox and now I'm finding that we can't run all our devices like we used to, the line cant handle all our devices like it used to. Hoping someone can help get my line back to the usual speeds. Thankyou 

Vin
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Vinay10

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 73.6 and 54.6mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 46.3mb.

What speed do you receive when running a speed test?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi Vinay10

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that your line is in sync at just under 53mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes