FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower Faster Broadband

AP1234
Team Player
Message 19 of 19

Hi

Can someone check or reset my faster fibre speed back to 67mb please?

Its now around 52mb, but feels more like 20mb.

I have checked/restarted all my equipment etc...

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 19

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have any control over profile changes as this is managed by DLM. It's possible that DLM will increase the speed back up again if the connection continues to remain stable.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19
Hi

When i joined to talktalk i had 67mb speed, its never dropped until recently.

You said my line in stable, cant you set it back to the 67mb speed profile please?

Thanks
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi AP1234

Thanks for the Private Message.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 67 and 45mb, with a minimum guaranteed speed of 38.3mb.

Your current sync speed is within the predicted range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 19

Hi

I have sent to a PM Debbie.

Thanks

Message 5 of 19

Hi AP1234

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 52.6mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi

The new router is stable for over 4 days, and has not dropped.

Speed has not gone back up to 67mb though ;-(

An ideas please?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 19

Hi AP1234,

Thanks for the update. It can take DLM between 24-48hrs to make changes to the speed if the connection remains stable. Would it be possible to post back in 48hrs and we can re-check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed?

Thanks

Message 8 of 19

Hi

I have plugged the new router in last night into the test socket.

The speed is around 52mb now, but still way off the 67mb i had.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi

In most cases the router is delivered next day.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 10 of 19

Hi

Any idea when i will receive the new router, will it be tomorrow?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi

All tests are clear, but the profile has lowered.  There have been 4 profile changes in response to errors.

I've a new router on the way so this can be ruled out.  When the new router arrives, connect with the new cables and we can then see if the errors reduce and the profile will increase over the next few days.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 12 of 19

Hi

Any news on this please?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Sorry forget to mention you might have seen reconnects, that was me turning off the router and on again on Saturday to see if it made any difference.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi

You may have seen some reconnects.

Out of frustration with the decreasing speed, i have now plugged the router into the test socket.

I am sure my internet never drops, as i have not encounteed any loss in service.

The only thing is the line speed is dropping, which we erally notice more and more now with spinning wheels and continuous buffering when wathcing Netflix / youtube etc.

What else can i do? I know in the past when i had ADSL, DLM was reset for me, and issue went away, and speed went back to normal.

Please help

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 19

Hi AP1234,

The line test is clear, however I can see re-connections on the line. Just to confirm, do you mean that the router is connected to the test socket behind the faceplate? I've included a Help Article below.

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19
Hi yes, the router is connected straight into the BT socket.

I did what you suggested, but now as you also know the speed is 51.4mb.

It used to be rock solid at 67mb. My router has not changed or moved position, so i cant understand why the speed has dropped even further.

Are you able to reset DLM, or put my connection back onto the 67mb profile please?

I am sure my line must be ok, before i came to talk talk i was with BT, and had a rock solid connection of 80mb.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi AP1234

I've checked the connection stats and the speed has dropped to 51.4mb. The line tests are clear, no faults detected.

Is the router connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi AP1234

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 57.9mb. No faults have been detected.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then leave the router switched on (without rebooting) we can then check the connection stats again on Monday to see if DLM has made any changes to the line speed/profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes