FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowing my speed down?

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 25 of 25

Just wondering why my line speeds have been slowed down from  70 down and 19 up to now 60 down and 5 up?? I’ve attached screen shot of dashboard in router.

151236BE-3933-489F-A5FB-1B5DA8FBE82B.jpeg

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi

i'll raise this to our logistics teams to make sure no charge is applied.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 25

Hi 

I’ve received an email today from TalkTalk saying if I don’t return the test router by the 1st Feb I’ll be charged £50. I’ve already returned it and I have proof it’s been delivered by the Royal Mail tracker site? Can you help with this, I received the test router as part of help for this thread. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi ryanhavenhand

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 25

Ok thanks, I’ll keep an eye on it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

The disconnections seem to have stopped now so your speed should improve over the next couple of days, if it doesn't then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate.

Chris

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 25

Hi

Ive had a lot of disconnections over the last month which has caused my speeds to go up and down a lot. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

OK thanks, have you noticed any disconnections over the last few days?

Chris

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 8 of 25

Hi

To be honest I don’t use the landline only for incoming call which is next to never. I have had a listen but can’t hear any noise.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi ryanhavenhand,

Line test is clear and sync speed is 58.0Mbps but I can see that there have been a lot of reconnections over the last few days. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 25

Hi 

The sync speed has been up and down for both download and upload for a while, I was sent a test router which didn’t really make a difference so I sent it back. The router is connected to the test socket and the speeds have increased after another 30 min reset but still below guaranteed speeds.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is clear, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped. Just to confirm, did the sync speed drop shortly after the new router was connected? Is the router connected at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 12 of 25

Hi

I received the replacement router for testing which I did for several days. Things stabilised for a day but soon went back and now my download is 11.18mbps and upload of 17.56mbps. I’ve tried turning off for 30 mins and back on but soon speeds soon drop. I’ve left everything for a couple of days now as turning things off and on all the time isn’t healthy, can you please test the line and look into this for me. Thanks, I’ve attached a screen shot of latest from router.

24C917D4-CD32-46C6-94BA-BF3F444D457A.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi ryanhavenhand

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 14 of 25

Hi, no I don’t have a different router I’m afraid.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hello,

Ok. Do you have a different router that you can test with please? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 16 of 25

No we haven’t tested at all.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Morning,

My apologies, I checked the downstream sync speed not the upstream sync speed. Can I just confirm, have we recently tested with a different router and microfilter at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 18 of 25

I have found the connection ok but still don’t understand why my upload speed has dropped from about 19mbps to 5mbps? The download speed has dropped also but not as much, but again why?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Morning,

I've re-run the line test now which is clear. The connection looks stable and the sync speed looks consistent. How have you found the overall performance of the connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion
Message 20 of 25

nudge - can you retest please?

0 Likes