FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snr

kevinwh
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

My snr is 26 how do I get this fixed on my broadband line. I'm getting 6 to 7mbps download and 17mbps uploaded on a 65 fibre package

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 10

No need to apologise @Chris-TalkTalk the remark was I think aimed at me. Although I fail to see how I was "sharp" either?

@kevinwh I was only answering your question about an SNR reset and trying to move things forward. The current high SNR margin indicates a serious noise on the line issue. The support team are trying to establish whether this might be caused on the voice side. If you can check as they suggested this will help them to help you. 

Message 2 of 10

You're in the right place, I'm sorry if you feel it was a bit sharp, it wasn't my intention, we're happy to help 🙂

Chris

Message 3 of 10

That was a bit sharp... I think I'm in the wrong place.. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi kevinwh,

As ferguson has said, we need to look at the underlying problem. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service?

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

No and that won't fix the underlying problem. It happens the other way around: once any issues is resolved then the SNR margin should fall. Please respond to the question asked by Michelle which will help to move this forwards. 

0 Likes

kevinwh
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

Can you not do a snr reset. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault, the connection looks unstable and the sync speed has dropped. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? If the voice service is ok then we can focus on the broadband connection.

Thanks

0 Likes

kevinwh
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

I have updated my information

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes