FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Amber Light on New Fibre Setup

MrMagpieMan
First Timer
Message 17 of 17

Hello,

Can anybody help?

I received last weekend a new fibre router, set go go live this Monday / Tuesday.

I have connected everything up, and am getting a solid amber light on router.

I have contacted customer service, they tell me service is live and working okay.

Phone service was useless, told me to turn off for 20mins, then when I rang back, lines were closed.

Tried live chat, and 'Roland' decided it was home time and abandoned the session....

Three days now no service, I have tried reset button , changing filter, left off overnight, nothing doing.

What can I do now?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi MrMagpieMan

Apologies, the returns bag is now on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

MrMagpieMan
First Timer
Message 2 of 17

Hello,

I did not receive a prepaid returns bag….

can you send one out for me?

cheers

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi MrMagpieMan

I'm so glad to hear this.

Please can you return the old router using the pre paid returns bag.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 17

Was there a returns bag and prepaid label supplied with the new router ?, if so you can return the old router in that bag. If there was no returns bag then the staff here will be able to send you one when they are back on Monday.

MrMagpieMan
First Timer
Message 5 of 17

I have received new router today.

Great news! Internet is now up and running, 37mbps…

Many thanks for your help.

What do I do with the malfunctioning router?

Message 6 of 17
0 Likes

MrMagpieMan
First Timer
Message 7 of 17

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 17

Hi MrMagpieMan

I have requested that a new router is sent, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

MrMagpieMan
First Timer
Message 9 of 17

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

it would be helpful to try another router, but I don’t have access to one.

Message 10 of 17

Hi MrMagpieMan

Would you like to try another router to rule out a hardware issue ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 17

Ok, so that at least proves that your phone line has been connected correctly. It would be worth trying the router in the test socket if you have one. If it still does not work then the staff here would need to look into this further, if they thought the router itself might be at fault then they would be able to arrange a replacement for you when they return on Monday. Alternatively you may be able to convince the live chat team to send you a replacement router to test with.

0 Likes

MrMagpieMan
First Timer
Message 12 of 17

Hello, I have dialled 17070 as advised, and getting back the expected number. My landline is working fine, been using it a lot trying to communicate with TalkTalk!

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 13 of 17

Hi @MrMagpieMan,

Do you happen to have a landline telephone that you could connect to your phone socket, if so can you dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you confirm this is the number you expect (i.e. the one shown in 'My Account'). This would at least prove that Openreach have connected you up properly and your line is 'live'.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues. If they can't see any issues with the line then they may send you a different router to try, in case there is a problem with the router you have.

0 Likes

MrMagpieMan
First Timer
Message 14 of 17

Hello, thanks for your input. Unfortunately, I do not have another router to use. The router I have is refusing to connect to the broadband. I have tried to access it using it’s IP but I still cannot connect . I tried multiple times leaving it switched off for long periods, but this is not working. Are you able to access the router from Talk Talk end?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hi MrMagpieMan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Do you have another router that you can test with?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

@MrMagpieMan, the forum software failed to escalate your post into the workflow for staff attention. 

I'll do this now, and remove your other, duplicate thread. 

Please look out for a reply from staff during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.