FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Orange Light

Biomechanic
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 11

Hi, woke up this morning to solid Orange Light on router - no amount of rebooting helps. Tried all of the usual tricks, nothing is working, still orange light. Phone works fine, no problems, no crackling whatsoever. Just fibre is down.

Last time I had this behaviour there was an exterior fault and an engineer sorted it. 

Do I need to ring for an engineer ?

John

John Alan Seymour
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 11

Hi John

Openreach have closed this fault. Fault was found to be with Openreach maintained equipment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hey Debbie

Shortly after I made the previous post my router suddenly gave a solid white light. So everything has been OK for 3 and a bit hours now.

I did get a Talk Talk update txt which basically said you had sent an engineer, you were monitoring the situation and if I had any issues in 2 days to contact you.

Thing is, I have direct field of view to the telegraph pole that services my connection and there has been nobody there - unless it was a cabinet issue...

Can you confirm that an engineer did attend, or was it just a network issue that was corrected ?

It would be nice to know...

Anyway, thanks for your help

Best

John

John Alan Seymour

Message 3 of 11

Hi John

Yes please let us know on this thread.

As soon as I receive any updates I will also post back here.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11
Ok, thanks Debbie

In the event though, that the 'fault' magically corrects itself, do I let you guys know

Thanks

John
John Alan Seymour

Message 5 of 11

Hi John

The engineer may also ring you first to see if anyone is at home (if access is required)

This has gone to a line engineer as a potential line fault has been detected. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11
Hi Debbie

Ok, I understand. But the last time this happened, the engineer had my phone number and rang me to ensure I was in the property.

Also, are you sure this isn't an issue with your network ? I've looked online and there are full loss of services all over the UK... not near me, granted... but there have been previous instances where there have been outages in other parts of the country, yet I have been affected

Thanks

John
John Alan Seymour
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi John

The line engineer will complete external investigations on the line first.

If a visit to the property is required then the engineer may attend but if no one is at home then they will let us and ask us to arrange an engineer visit.

I will check on this fault again tomorrow morning for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11
Hi Debbie

Thanks for the response, but what exactly does that mean ?

The txt I received indicated that an engineer would visit within 2 to 3 days.

So does that mean I have to sit in the house just waiting for those 3 days ? Or am I notified of when they will visit ?

Thanks

John
John Alan Seymour
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi John

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 10 of 11
If you run a Service check and there is a fault requiring a engineer it should automatically book one or atleast tell you there is some sort of fault present. Have you tried this?

If you ensure your profile is up-to-date and the OCEs will pick this up when they can and assist you.
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!