FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid amber on router. Internet down.

CWates
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Our internet has been very slow since Friday last week. Then it stopped working all together today (Tuesday). There is a solid amber light on the router. I’ve tried restarting the router, disconnected the wires, etc but nothing is working. I don’t see any problems stated on the talk talk page… please help! 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi CWates

I have ordered you a different make and model of router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

CWates
First Timer
Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie,

Would a replacement router do the trick? I would really appreciate it if you can. 

My router has been spoke white all day but that does not seem to be reflected in my connection. I am getting kicked out of internet every few minutes. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi CWates

I've completed another line test which is still clear and the line is in sync at 64.5mb.

I can see re connections on the line. Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Debbie,

I’m getting different readings every time I do the test.

Earlier when I ran the test it stated no fault and I was getting a speed of 61 Mbps. Now it is saying there is a track fault but I managed to do the speed test with a result of 65Mbps.

This can’t be right, my internet keeps dropping in and out. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi CWates

Thanks for your reply.

What speed are you receiving when running a speed test?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Debbie,

I webt to the service centre and did the test there and there was no report of an error.

I powered off the router last night for the whole night to see if this would help. This morning the router started up with a solid white light but the service is still very inconsistent and slow (similar to how it was on Friday). 

is there something that can be done with this slow and inconsistent speed now?

thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi CWates

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is showing in sync and connected.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @CWates,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help.

A solid amber light generally indicates that the physical connection (i.e. the wires) are ok, but the router is having trouble logging into the TalkTalk network.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.