FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some devices have no Internet connection

Green66
Participant
Message 22 of 22

Hi, I no issues connecting to WiFi but some devices are refusing to get an internet connection. This has only recently started.  Tried different dns servers etc, but still have issue. Reboot router and devices are okay for a few days.  Is this a faulty router ?  I see other threads on here with similar issues and seem to be resolved when they had routers replaced. 

Have the latest router I believe. Sagemcom FAST.

Any ideas except faulty router ?

Thanks Tony

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 22

Morning,

Thanks for the update. To rule this out have you tried with just a few wireless devices connected to see how the performance of the connection compares? How many devices do you usually have connected?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi, I am on v1.05t of firmware.

I have hardly any wired connections as my master socket is in the kitchen.  I only have my security system hardwired and my NAS. 

I think issue is with number of devices.  I was looking at routers and mesh networks that allow more devices to be connected. Think I might go with mesh and turn off wireless on talktalk router.  If I did want to replace router with a high powered/ 100 device unit, I assume this can be done.  Have seen a post here on how to setup own routers as username and password are left blank I believe.

Be good to know my options.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Green66

Thanks for your reply.

Was the buffering on Netflix on a wired connection?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Debbie

Have you tried firmware 1.06t ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Connections were fine, no drop outs. Did have buffering issues on our Netflix, which is something I have not seen before.

Regards

Message 6 of 22

Hi Green66

Thanks for keeping us updated.

How has the connection been over the weekend?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Just an update. Not experienced anything since except a relatively quick drop, my wife and I both lost Internet from our laptops working at home.

It came back after a few minutes.

Other than that, still monitoring. 

Regards

Message 8 of 22

Hi Green66

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience this issue again then if you could test wired and let us know if the issue is still present in a wired set up?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Sorry I am not sure. I would say no as issue only seemed to be related to 2.4GHz channel. 5 was okay for some reason. So guessing wired may have been too.

Be good to know what you are seeing on my line / wifi logs.

I can always see if this happens again and check wired for you.

Regards

Thanks

Message 10 of 22

Hi Green66

Is this also affecting wired devices?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi, I had to today as I work from home and needed Internet. This is the first time it has happened since we got router on Saturday. 

Happy to go with any advice.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi Green66

Apologies for this.

I've checked the connection stats and I can see re connections on the line.

When you experience this fault do you reboot the router?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi,

I changed the router over and I thought all was good.  This morning I have seen our phones / sky box and other devices with no Internet again.  I changed my phone to 5G band and it connected fine with internet. Put phone back to 2.4G and it connected with no Internet again. I checked the router stats and saw it had lost 7 devices off 2.4G band.  I needed to get the service back so restarted router. After this, the devices connected automatically.

So now I have no idea what to do, put other router back ?   This router I could see lots of disassociation in logs. Not sure what that means.

Is there anything else I can do ?  I have not amended any settings on new router except rename SSID of 2.4 and 5 bands

Any help appreciated.  

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22
0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

I will install and let you know how stable this is. Thank you.

Message 16 of 22

Hi Green66

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 17 of 22

Let's go for other router then. Yes my profile has that info in it.

Thanks

Message 18 of 22
If you have the 'common' problem that affects the Sagemcom then just logging into the router and changing the DNS from anything to anything would temporarily fix the problem, but the problem will come back again, and again if you just flipped the DNS servers back to something else it would temporarily fix the issue.

If this is the behaviour you see then trying the Huawei hub should fix it for you. As long as you have saved your landline phone number in your community profile then the staff will identify your account from that to get your details.

Message 19 of 22

Hi,

Yes please, if you don't mind. I assume you have my personal details ?

Also, thanks for the detailed response on firmware issue.  I have changed my dns to Google servers. I am happy to try other dns to see if issue gets resolved.  

Regards

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 22

Hi Tony

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can send you a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes