FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos issues since going to fibre

msisleman
Participant
Message 35 of 35

Since going to fibre, we have no end of Sonos issues, from music stopping, it getting confused about what is playing where, and lots of error messages. We've moved house and reset everything and started fresh and it's the same! Hence I why I now realise it's something TalkTalk related, and it started when we changed to fibre in the old house.

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi msisleman

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35
Hi, I may have spoken too soon. The system did display the usual issues when I first started using the Sonos system after fitting the Huawei router, but a little while later it seemed to sort itself out, and touch wood it's been absolutely perfect all through the weekend with heavy testing and usage. Fingers crossed that's sorted it! Thanks all for the help.

Message 3 of 35

Hi msisleman

I've checked this with my colleague OCE_Arne as he uses Sonos and he said they will only connect using 2ghz.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Hi @msisleman 

Please can you get me some more screenshots from the analyser? I have had other customer's using Sonos that only work on 2.4GHz, took their speakers back for a refund. They do not seem to like heavily congested WiFi bands, which as you have found, different routers, even those from another ISP or 3rd party ones cannot cure such WiFi congestion. This is of course down to the popularity of broadband in your local area, rather than a router fault. 

Still, send me the screenshots & I will see if there is anything I can recommend now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 35

Hi msisleman

I'm sorry to hear this.

Did you split the SSID's and connect the Sonos on 2ghz?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35
Finally got round to fitting the new Huawei router, took a few hours to reconnect everything! It's made no difference. Then changed our WiFi to channel 11 since this made some difference before, but it's no better. This is very frustrating! Surely this should be simpler than this...... We've moved house and reset everything and now had 3 different fibre routers..... Issue still exists. It's ruining our Sonos experience so we'll be forced to cancel TalkTalk and go with a different provider soon if we can't resolve it. Wish we'd stuck with the pre fibre TalkTalk connection which was fine with Sonos.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hi msisleman

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way. Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 35

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk yes please, that be worth a try. Thanks

Message 9 of 35

Thanks Keith.

@msisleman - Please let us know if you would like me to send the Huawei hub.

Debbie

Message 10 of 35

Hi @msisleman 

There is no WiFi interference, but sometimes the signal strength is a bit low. Are you using Acrylic in the same locations as the Sonos devices? Try the Huawei router that Debbie has offered you & see what that is like.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 11 of 35

Hi msisleman

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares with this router?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 12 of 35

After checking a few more times, often there are no Sonos devices on the 5Ghz band, so it seems some of them are swapping, could this be causing my issues? I have a mixture of Sonos devices and maybe only some are compatible with 5Ghz.

We did test the Sonos system last night for a little while and it really seemed to have improved, with no issues for a while. But sadly it started to show issues again today. Still seems improved though, with the frequency of dropping out and getting mixed up to have reduced somewhat.

Here are three new screenshots:talktalk4.JPGtalktalk5.JPGtalktalk6.JPG

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Are these the ones that are connected to the 2.4 or 5GHz bands?

Please can you get me a new set of screenshots then from Acrylic? This time can you also include the 5GHz channels view. When you include them in your reply, please make sure that when using the Inset Photos button, you set the size to large.

Keith

Message 14 of 35
The sporadic Sonos issues are still present after changing the channel to 11. I have three TP-Link devices. Two ethernet power line adaptors, one is plugged into the TalkTalk router and the other is plugged into the TalkTalk TV box, as they are on opposite sides of the room so this was the easiest way to connect them. The third device is a WiFi power line adaptor which is a long way away in the garage, probably 30m away. This is to have WiFi in the garage predominantly for Ring security devices to connect to. Thanks
0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Hi @msisleman 

Some Sonos devices only support the 2.4GHz band, anything that can be moved to the 5GHz band should be. 

Did you identify what the TP-Link device was that is responsible for the other network? If you no longer use it, it might be a good idea to turn it off.

Keith

Message 16 of 35

Hi msisleman

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35
Thanks for the help. I have now done this on the 2.4Ghz band, do I need to do the 5Ghz band too? Also, I noticed that some of my Sonos devices are on 2.4Ghz and some on 5Ghz, does this matter? Thanks
0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

It would seem like you have a TP-Link product generating the other network and it is interfering with the Sagemcom. Try moving the Sagemcom to channel 11 (please see my guide).

Keith

Message 19 of 35

Here are the screenshots. I don't understand why there appears to be three networks with the same name! talktalk1.JPGtalktalk2.JPGtalktalk3.JPG

0 Likes