FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Boost Upgrade

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Message 46 of 46

Signed a new contract Thursday and was told I would have Atleast 60 upto 80Mbps but am nowhere near.

No faults on the line, was wondering if anything on my profile or if anything can be changed so I can see these results? Been a Talktalk member for donkey years and would love to benefit from these promised boost speeds.

Thank-You 🙂

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 1 of 46

Hi Dan2008

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can remove this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 46
It just seems weird everything was ok and that we added the boost and then the problems suddenly started out of the blue.

Can this still be cancelled though to see if it does fix the issue, I can always add it back at full price at a later date.

Thanks.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 46

Hi Dan2008

The fibre speed boost wouldn't cause any issues or disconnects as it only removes the 40mb cap and adds an 80mb cap instead.

If you have tested with a different router, cable and filter at the master socket, with all other equipment removed from the line then this will cover all the testing you can complete.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 46

Hi again.

We have figured out that the internet disconnection issues started to arise after applying the fibre speed boost, is there anyway to remove this to see if it fixes the problem before an engineer is required (still don't feel the issue is at home).

Thank-You.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 46

Hi Dan2008 

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 46

Hi Dan2008 

Thank you. I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information from our Network Team.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 46

Hi

Yes that's fine.

Have just updated my profile.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you add an alternative contact number to your Community Profile, I can then raise the dropping connection fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 46

No extension.

That's the one we have always used.

With a micro filter (have tried several new ones).

0 Likes

Message 10 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Thank you. Is it the master socket that you use (to connect the router) or do you use an extension socket?

Debbie

0 Likes

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 46

This was taken a few days ago.

Yes we are getting roughly 6 disconnections each day.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 46

20190122_122922.jpg

0 Likes

Message 13 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 46

Have purchased a new router and still no better.

We don't have a test socket.

Can another test be checked please?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router connected at the test socket? Have you also used a new micro filter?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 46
Have replaced with a new phone all good in that department.

The Wi-Fi hub has been disconnecting 3 to 5 times per day.

I have gone back to my old router which isn't as bad but still disconnecting once or twice a day.

Can another check be performed please?

Thank-You.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 46

Hi Dan2008

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Noise on the line can affect the broadband connection so we have to investigate this first.

Is the noise still present if you connect a corded phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 46

Hi,

Have had the new Wifi hub for 3 weeks.

Getting atleast 1/2 disconnects a day.

We have also noticed crackling on the phone line.

We have tried different phone's, filters etc.

They did replace a cable at the local exchange a few years ago and that sorted the problem and I was wondering if it needed doing again and checked at the local box as the problem doesn't seem at home but possibly the local box?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 46

Hi Dan

I can see that this router has been ordered. Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 46

Hi,

Yes please that would be perfect.

Hopefully then I can get the wifi hub sorted and installed and the speed starting to settle.

Thanks.