FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Boost Upgrade

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Message 46 of 46

Signed a new contract Thursday and was told I would have Atleast 60 upto 80Mbps but am nowhere near.

No faults on the line, was wondering if anything on my profile or if anything can be changed so I can see these results? Been a Talktalk member for donkey years and would love to benefit from these promised boost speeds.

Thank-You 🙂

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 21 of 46

Hi Dan

Apologies for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement WiFi Hub?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 22 of 46

Hi

ok but did u when u pluged the new hub in dod u do the following:

1. Keep the new router off for over 30 mins then turn it on as it is to do with the speed settings system works like that on fibre.

2. Did u keep the hub on for more that a day as the line speed system can take a while and can be better to leave it on for 10days to get the best speed.

have u looked on the router dashboard page as it should show u ur speed upto the rotuer as any thing after that like on speed test will be different.

Hub Dashbaord page

HUB Dashboard PageHUB Dashboard Page

Yes u can get the the new Hub exchanged as it is damanged on delivery type thing.

i would wait for a oce to reply they should be able to sort out a new one.

Best then to send back the old one in the bag they should be with the new one. So u do not get charged for another one.

I had the HG633 router before the hub and worked fine for me on fibre bb.

Just think there could be a issue with the speed boost side as they have been offering it a lot just over the last few days to any one.

I would leave the HG633 router on for a few days then see what the speed is like.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Message 23 of 46

Ok Thanks.

It's just when I unpacked the wifi hub the stand was broken on the left hand side and it doesn't clip back on, It can be propped up against the wall which isn't ideal and the speeds were considerably lower hence the reason I have packed it back up, If this can be exhanged for me for the one I have here then I'm willing to retry with that one as it clearly came broken.

I have now plugged in the test router and at this moment in time it's only showing as 16.7.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 46

Dan2008

Hi if it helps u can check what the speed is on the router dash board. the info is here in the tt help area.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Check-your-sync-speed/ta-p/2205409

the hub should be good as it is the laestest one with newer software on but can take 10 days to get a stable connection.

Mine new hub came a lasted a few days then the power lead died.

if u do turn of router or change router - remmber to keep it off for 30 mins as that helps keep the reconnection do it full.

Are the speed test being done on a wired connection to the router. and it could help turn off the wireless side just in case wireless device is using the bb while u do that.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)

Message 25 of 46

Hi

A bit of a nightmare if i'm honest.

I purchased the new wifi hub and it came with a broken stand on the left hand side, so it has to be propped up to use, also the speeds after 48 hours were only reaching 32 so not sure what I can do, can this be sent back as I feel this is no good to me.

At the moment in time I have gone back to my previous router which is showing a connection speed of 48.8 after 15 hours.

I will be testing the router you sent me later today.

Thanks.

Message 26 of 46

Hi Dan2008,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 46

Hi Dan2008

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 28 of 46

Ok Thanks.

The HG will be fine.

Thank-You.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 46

Hi Dan2008

We can send either a DSL3782 or HG633 for testing via the Community. Alternatively if you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss sending a WiFi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 30 of 46

Hi

Yes please may I ask what router it would be? Could it be the latest wifi hub at all? Just we have been a Talktalk member for years and our router is quite old.

Thanks.

Message 31 of 46

Hi Dan2008

The sync speed has increased slightly to 48.7mb.

I can still send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 32 of 46

Hello again.

Just posting to see if any changes today.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Thank you.

If the sync speed doesn't increase any further then I can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 34 of 46

Hi,

Yes that would be fine.

I would try a different router but unfortunately don't have another.

Will post back tomorrow though.

Thank-You.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Would it be possible to post back on this thread tomorrow so I can check again to see if the sync speed increases any further?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 36 of 46

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

No the router hasn't been reset for atleast 48 hours.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Thanks for your reply.

The sync speed has increased slightly to 48.6mb

There are some re connections showing on the line, have you rebooted the router since it has been connected at the master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 38 of 46

Hello,

Just posting to follow up this thread.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Thank you. If you post back on this thread on Wednesday then I can check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any changes.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 40 of 46

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that will be fine, will leave the router untouched for 48 hours from now.

Please let me know in 48 hours if anything has been changed.

Thanks.