FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Boost Upgrade

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Message 46 of 46

Signed a new contract Thursday and was told I would have Atleast 60 upto 80Mbps but am nowhere near.

No faults on the line, was wondering if anything on my profile or if anything can be changed so I can see these results? Been a Talktalk member for donkey years and would love to benefit from these promised boost speeds.

Thank-You 🙂

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 41 of 46

Hi Dan2008

Thanks for your reply.

If the router is rebooted often then DLM can change the profile to reduce the speed to stabilise the connection. For fibre connections we advise to leave the router switched on.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the master socket for 48hrs without rebooting the router, so we can check to see if DLM increases the speed in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 42 of 46

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Dan2008,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is the connection unstable? Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

The connection itself is fine, re connections are down to me turning router off, resetting to see if there is the promised speed increase.

Phone line itself is perfect.

No to the test socket.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 43 of 46

Hi Dan2008,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is the connection unstable? Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Message 44 of 46

Yes have tried that, I was getting 36Mbps and now getting 42Mbps which is an improvement but not the guaranteed speed which led me to accept the offer/new contract.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 45 of 46
Hi Dan, have you tried rebooting your router or a 30 minutes switch off?
Either way your message has been flagged for assistance.
D
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes