FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Inconsistency

UrsaMarmalada
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Atm we pay for the fibre65 package and receive the expected 70mbs download into the house but the only place that speed is closely achieved is right next to the router. Now in this day and age this isn't ideal as devices are used throughout the house. The common download speed is around 28mbs but can drop low quite frequently to speeds around 5mbs.

We have an extender which doesn't seem to help at all! When plugged in it drops the speed more than it boosts it!

I have tried changing the channels on the router and some initial success was found but the speeds slowly sunk back to the levels way below what we pay for.

Any advice is welcome!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

Hi @UrsaMarmalada 

If you want my help now that Wi-Fi optimisation has been turned off, please let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi UrsaMarmalada

I've now switched off the WIFI optimisation.

@KeithFrench

Thanks

Debbie

Message 3 of 8

To my knowledge, it is probably still turned on unless there is a way for me to check this quickly? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie, just added this to the profile. Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

I assume that you have the Sagemcom WiFi hub, if so has WiFi optimisation been disabled? If not please request that it be disabled in your reply. Then if you want my help with this probable WiFi interference issue, please let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi UrsaMarmalada

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

FritzCT
Wise Owl
Message 7 of 8

If the speeds are over wifi then it sounds to me like you have a wifi interference issue. When the speed drops back after a channel change has the channel switched itself back also?

The resident expert is @KeithFrench who is be able to spread far more light on this than I can.

Fritz