FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed boost made things worse

prtou
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

TalkTalk offered speed boost to renew my contract. The change was supposed to kick in days ago but instead the connection is now worse. I tried the online chat and went through various checks. This has not helped at all and they seem to go in circles with each new inquiry. 

Can anyone please suggest a way forward?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

I'm showing there is an openreach fault logged on their system from today.

Looking at the fault history, it looks like the previous fault report was rejected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

So, no engineer showed up after all and no updates from anyone. Brilliant! 

Good thing there's a cooling off period. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

They did not. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi  prtou

Apologies for this.

Did they advise if this was a TalkTalk or Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the response. 

The router is not currently connected to the test socket, but to the external socket via the microfilter. I disconnected the router a few times this week following the instructions to leave it off for 30 minutes to enable speed boost. Otherwise I don't usually reset. 

I spoke to someone over chat yesterday and they arranged for an engineer to visit this afternoon. Not sure if this is still happening since I received strange emails/text from TT asking how the visit went yesterday(?). Generally unimpressed at the moment. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi prtou

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see that the connection is dropping.

Do you reboot the router or wait for it to re connect on its own?

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes