FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed cap

Michael781
Participant
Message 30 of 30

After a constant 67 mb speed i renew nu contract to 65 fiber and my speed is droped to 50 mb/s. I tried to speak with one of the adviser and told me that this speed is supporting the exchange. It is interesting how for one year was fine with more then 60mb and now is different. It is clear the speed is caped.  Can anyone please remove this and put it as was and suppose to be to this type of contract. Fiber 65?

Regards.

Mihai

Michael
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Hi

The profile is set at 80mb and the current speed is within the predicted range for your line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

As I said before speed still at 51mb and not going above.  Just wonder how was this possible to be over 65 mb before the contract and now with all the supported speed of line up to 80 i still struggle to achieve speed above 60.  Anyway.

Thanks for support. Maybe somebody fix this sync.   

Michael
0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Hi Michael781,

Connection appears to have been stable over the weekend, has everything been OK at your end

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

Hi,

The test router is on the way back to you.  My sync speed is at 51mb as before no charge.  

Regards

Michael
0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

OK, could you bump the thread in a couple of days and we'll check to see if there have any further disconnections. If the disconnections continue we can arrange an engineer visit to look at this

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30
Hi

Was some disconnections over the weekend but didn't was aware of this. I have seen this in the router uptime that the connection fail.

Thanks for support.

Regards
Michael
0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Hi Michael781,

The profile will allow a speed of up to 80Mbps so it isn't capping your speed. Line test is clear but I can see that there have been some reconnection up to Friday but appears to have been stable since - have you noticed and disconnections over the weekend?

I've ordered a returns bag for the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

Message 8 of 30

I don't use the landline my wife use this to receive calls. She didn't complain of the line so I think is fine.

You say the line support 80mb so where is the speed. I can't believe almost 2 years I was on 60-65mb avarage and now I juste nearly pass 50mb where is oscillating. So you try to say this is the speed I will have ?

Look like a big cap somewhere. So there is resources and  redundancy but .... Nothing to other end.

Please advice where to return the test router.

Regards

Michael
0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

Hi Michael781,

Thanks for trying the new router. Line test is clear and your router is in sync at 52.4Mbps which is within the predicted range for you line and above the guaranteed minimum. You are also on a line profile that will allow a sync speed of up to 80Mbps so it isn't capping your speed

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

Message 10 of 30

Good morning,

The connection is the same. Limited at this speed 51 as you see in my pictures sent before to put the test router.

(yes is 1mb different but like that speed variation was before. I can't see much difference in my connection). 

Never close to 67mb as was before to swap to fiber65 contract.( I know will never get 67 gut at list 65mb??).

I honestly knew the speed will be the same even if swap router, I didn't want to be negative.

I have also try to a different route a while ago draytek vigor enterprise version. My speed is sticking to 50mb the same as now.

Please advise where to return and when the test router is the same model as mine.

Regards

Michael
0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Morning Michael781

I've checked the connection stats again and the line is showing in sync at 51mb.

How have you found the connection with the new router connected?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Hi Michael781

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

I will check the connection stats again on Thursday.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi Debbie,

The router is up and running.

Let's hope the speed will increase.

Regards

Michael

Message 14 of 30

Message 15 of 30

Ok, I will let you know when arrive and when I will connect it on.

Appreciate your support.

Regards ,

Michael

Message 16 of 30

Hi Michael781

The replacement router is on its way, please can you keep the new router connected to the test socket for at least 48hrs to allow DLM time to monitor the connection.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 17 of 30
Hi. I think I have your latest model (Fast 5364) of ruter, I don't think this is the problem . I strongly believe is a limitation from somewhere.
But to avoid any doubt please send me one to try. I don't want to be negative about this.

Regards
Michael
0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi Michael781

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see if the speed starts to increase with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 19 of 30

Hi. No is the same ruter I had in the last 2 years. No changes the same line same socket since is just only one.
Speed droped at 50 mb more then 3 months ago. I said is ok maybe is something temporary but the speed sync is actually the same no increase from that time.

Regards

Michael
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 30

Morning,

I've re-run the line test which is still clear, however the sync speed hasn't increased. Can I just confirm, prior to the speed drop did you change the router or any of the equipment set up at all?

Thanks