FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed cap

Michael781
Participant
Message 30 of 30

After a constant 67 mb speed i renew nu contract to 65 fiber and my speed is droped to 50 mb/s. I tried to speak with one of the adviser and told me that this speed is supporting the exchange. It is interesting how for one year was fine with more then 60mb and now is different. It is clear the speed is caped.  Can anyone please remove this and put it as was and suppose to be to this type of contract. Fiber 65?

Regards.

Mihai

Michael
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

Screenshot_20210504-185039.png

 this was my speed before to put the. filter as you requested

Michael
0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Hi. I setup the filter now at 20:30 I will live this there for 48 hours. If is no change in my speed is clear is not from my house. It is interesting how this speed was downgraded jus a mount before to swap the contract to fiber 65 to speed of 50mb/s.

Screenshot_20210505-204624.png

 this is my speed on my router at this time. Let's see in 48h

Thanks for the advice let see what will happen.
Regards.

Michael
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 30

Hello,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Does the main socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for at least 48hrs so we can see if the speed increases any further please?

Thanks

Message 24 of 30

Updated

Michael

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 25 of 30

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 30

I have switched off the ruter more then 6 hours this night. In the morning same speed shows.  Down 50.3 / up 17.7

Michael
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 27 of 30

Hi Michael781

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Message 28 of 30
I will try tonight a full night power off and I will plug in back the ruter tomorrow morning I will check to see if that change something.

Thank you for assisting me at list. I will be back with the outcome tomorrow.
Michael

Divsec
Community Star
Message 29 of 30

Hi @Michael781 not a speed cap, for sure. Have you had any disconnections recently? This can cause the DLM system to try to achieve stability at the expense of speed

have you tried a 30 minute router reboot this often improves things?

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.