FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropped past few.weeks

akeel
Team Player
Message 18 of 18

Since the past few.weeks my speed at the router has dropped from a stable 80/20 to at best 55/12 it has been as bad as 25/12

I have tried leaving router off for over half hour in hope it will correct itself but has made no difference.

Can any of the ops help please. Is there some kind of hard rest that can be done on my line to restore the speed I may paying for a faster fibre plus a speed boost. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is the replacement router still connected at the moment as it can take DLM up to 48hrs to start making changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18
The OCEs will be back after Bank Holiday. Have you been sent the same Hub you had before?
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Have got the new router but unfortunately the download and upload speeds are the same 55/20 so I think the router to is ruled out. Not sure what else it could be as the speed drop is at router level. It was steady 80/20. Not sure what could cause this. Nothing has changed in the property at all. Thanks in advance

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18
@Debbie-TalkTalk thanks for your help. Will feedback once tested. Regards

Message 6 of 18

Hi akeel

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 18

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  please if you think it's worth trying. Thanks

Message 8 of 18

Hi akeel

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18
@Michelle-TalkTalk hi Michelle, unfortunately I do not have another router to test with. Regards
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 18

Hi akeel,

Ok thanks for confirming. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18
@Michelle-TalkTalk hi there are no extensions, only router and phone connected to main socket. Thanks
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 18

Hi akeel,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a line test which has detected a possible fault towards the property. I can see from your last post that the main socket doesn't have a test socket. Is the router connected at the main socket at the moment. Do you have any extension sockets? What equipment do you currently have connected to the sockets?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Ok, staff should be able to check this for you tomorrow to see if it is DLM that is reducing your line speed due to a fault, or if there is some other explanation.

Message 14 of 18
Nothing flagged in service centre and don't have test socket as far as I am aware
0 Likes

Message 15 of 18
@Skynet_TX thanks for the response. I don't have a test socket. I have tried the service centre and it does not find a fault on the line. The telephone line is clear. I recall the the last time an engineer came advising that I'm am very close to the exchange so should have stable 80/20 after previous issue was fixed and in fairness it has been for months. When it's good it's great but when problems start becomes a nightmare😐
0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 16 of 18
Are any issues being flagged up in Service centre. Have you tried connecting direct to test socket?
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @akeel,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes