FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drops and have to constantly reboot router

norse
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

I've posted this on other threads but have been told that I have to start a new topic even though many people are complaining about the same problem and getting no solutions.

I am supposed to be provided with 45Mbps Down and 18 Mbps up on a TalkTalk HG633 Router on super fast fibre (SUPPOSED being the operative word).

Instead I am getting 12 Mbps Down and 4 MbpsUp. I can rstore some semblance of faster speeds by regularly rebooting my router. This is liking constantly trying to blow up a car tyre that has a puncture and expecting it to remain at a stable pressure. I have changed my router and am now on my third HG633 and it still hasn't dawned on TT that there is a problem here. The only time I got a regular stable connection was earlier on this year when I renewed my contract and for 30 days I received a stable speed. After that it was a case of we've got him fixed into the contract now so we can just resume our normal poor service and mess up his speeds again. So what's the solution TT? Another router? Get me to do ALL the tests again on my home phone? Call out an Engineer? Or just accept that there is a problem with your service or hardware that is not being solved due to stalling tactics and customers becoming so frustrated with the problem they stop complaining and just buckle down and accept the poor service? Anyone recommend a good reliable Broadband provider? 

Norse
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi norse

Apologies for the delay.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 13

It has been over two weeks since you last responded so I have re-escalated this for you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

I shall repeat this message as I am still experiencing the same problem and now my Broadband regularly cuts out for hours at a time.
Your live chat is no longer available and no one answers your customer support phones so I'm just wondering if TalkTalk a=is on the decline and shedding jobs and services. I can see no other reason for the declining standard of service that I am experiencing.

I repeat.

I've posted this on other threads but have been told that I have to start a new topic even though many people are complaining about the same problem and getting no solutions.

I am supposed to be provided with 45Mbps Down and 18 Mbps up on a TalkTalk HG633 Router on super fast fibre (SUPPOSED being the operative word).

Instead I am getting 12 Mbps Down and 4 MbpsUp. I can rstore some semblance of faster speeds by regularly rebooting my router. This is liking constantly trying to blow up a car tyre that has a puncture and expecting it to remain at a stable pressure. I have changed my router and am now on my third HG633 and it still hasn't dawned on TT that there is a problem here. The only time I got a regular stable connection was earlier on this year when I renewed my contract and for 30 days I received a stable speed. After that it was a case of we've got him fixed into the contract now so we can just resume our normal poor service and mess up his speeds again. So what's the solution TT? Another router? Get me to do ALL the tests again on my home phone? Call out an Engineer? Or just accept that there is a problem with your service or hardware that is not being solved due to stalling tactics and customers becoming so frustrated with the problem they stop complaining and just buckle down and accept the poor service? 

Norse
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Thanks for the information. The drops in speed could be related to the noise on the line, that's why we ask. How is it at the moment?

Chris

Message 5 of 13
When the weather is wet and windy there are crackling noises coming through the phone but it is the intermittent drop in speed that's the main problem. When watching Netflix or similar an error message appears saying line speed is too slow to cope and I then have to reboot the router sometimes 2 or 3 times before it provides a speed that can cope. As can be seen on thw forum this is now a common fault and needs to be addressed. Perhaps a different brand of Router or another visit from an engineer is needed. I am disabled and have a high dependency on the internet especially during this pandemic and need a reliable and quality service for video conferences with Doctors etc and to be cut off from an appointment that gas taken a long time to get is very upsetting and frustrating.
Norse
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi norse,

Thanks for connecting your router to the test socket, sync speed is now 40Mbps. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

Message 7 of 13

I've taken off the front plate of my Openreach Master Socket C5 and connected my telephone and broadband up using a splitter that came with the HG633 Router. 

Please do not give me the run around again for months as had happened previously this year. If there is a fault in the line coming into my house can you please just get it repaired ASAP.

Thank you

Norse
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 13

Hi norse,

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for the next 48hrs so we can re-run the line test and also re-check the connection stats again?

Thanks

Message 9 of 13
What time is best to connect up tesr socket?
Norse
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 13

Hi norse,

Thanks for creating a new topic and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible issue towards the property. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please?

Thanks

Message 11 of 13
On the router. I don't rely on speedtest results as they differ greatly
Norse
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Are those speeds the sync rates shown in the router? Or if they are speedtest results are they with a wired connection, wireless, or both? 

Subject to that the support team will gladly look into this for you, do bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday.