FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed is too slow

Hemo-Fox
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Our internet connection regularly drops, video calls are hazy or break up.

ive checked our speed and it’s being reported as 5.2 Mbps despite us being on Faster Fibre.

Please can this be fixed!?

kind regards 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi neotrix1983,

I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has pointed you in the right direction. Once you've started you own topic can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Hemo-Fox,

Line test is clear and sync speed is 39.2Mbps, how are you getting on, have you tried Skynet_TX's suggestions?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Please check the forum guidelines, @neotrix1983. It's best not to post on another customer's thread as staff are only going to reply to the OP

Return to the message board and click on start a topic.

You will need to complete your community forum profile details, too, for staff to identify your account. 

Don't post any personal information on the open forum pages. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

neotrix1983
First Timer
Message 4 of 7

I am experiencing this also, I normally run around 50-60 but now I'm down at 12gb. This is not acceptable, considering I'm supposed to have a minimum of 44gb. 

If its not sorted soon I will be cancelling as this is a breach of the agreement 

Jim Steele
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks, I’ve tried some of those but will try the others. I was testing from a mobile and realised that might not give me an accurate’ reading, but even so I expect it would show a general issue. Cheers 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Hemo-Fox,

Are you doing the speed test from a wired or wireless device, it is always best to do them 'wired' to get accurate results.

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal). Do wired devices lose connection ?

If the router is losing connection with the internet there are a few things you could try :

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line that might be affecting your speed. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.