FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed to router is about 50% of the guaranteed speed

nic1987
Team Player
Message 39 of 39

Hi 

Our minimum guaranteed speed is 50 and we are achieving around 20 to the router. This issue has happened over the last month. 

I have had TalkTalk broadband to my property since October 2020 with the Sagemcom Fast 5364 router on the latest firmware. I am in the Hammersmith area and there seem to be no service issues more widely. We have had no issues prior to this,.

The past month our internet speed has been very slow and I have attempted to troubleshoot this myself and through the service centre. I have spent an hour talking to Thando on livechat today and he has apparently done some checks, but this has not solved anything.

Our setup:

SSIDs split with fixed channels to avoid neighbouring congestion

We are changing the DNS settings to bypass the DNS issues with this router

Latest firmware installed and openreach engineer has checked the internal setup a couple of years ago. We are connected directly to the main socket. We have tried the test socket.

We have restarted the router and left it for 30 mins. We have reset the router.

The service centre keeps giving me errors when I am trying to run the line test. The live chat agent has run some tests but all he told me was that everything is fine, though the issue has not resolved.

Please could someone look at our line

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning, please let us know how you get on - Reserved appointment slot : October 05 2021, AM (08:00-13:00)

Message 2 of 39

No problem, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you 🙂

nic1987
Team Player
Message 3 of 39

The one ending 7 please @Chris-TalkTalk  - my flatmates number.

Many thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

I can only add one of the numbers as a contact number to the engineer booking form, would like me to add the one ending in 7 or 6? (yes I'll be able to tell you the date once it's booked)

Chris

nic1987
Team Player
Message 5 of 39

hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

I've updated my profile to include both of our numbers. The earliest appointment would be great thanks as its been very difficult trying to work from home for these past months.

Will you be able to tell me the date please? Could we also alert the engineer that this is the 2nd visit for this issue (first was 22nd August)

Thank you @Chris-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 39

Hi nic1987,

Thanks for answering the security questions

Could you add your flatmates number to the private notes section of your community profile if you'd like us to pass it on to Openreach for contact purposes.

Are you available for any AM appointment? Would you just like us to book the soonest available?

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 39

@nic1987  the PM "reply" button has been broken for all users for weeks and staff are aware.

There are also other issues such as trying to read older messages, both sent and received.

nic1987
Team Player
Message 8 of 39

Hi  

Mornings are best. I can confirm the engineer charges are fine. mornings are best  - I will PM the number for my flatmate (i think posting the number was getting my messages removed without warning)

Also are you not receiving my private messages   - they are showing in my sent box. Something has changed with my private messages because now I am no longer able to reply to messages sent to me, I have to send new messages - please can someone look at this for me? Thank you

0 Likes

nic1987
Team Player
Message 9 of 39

i am trying to reply to this thread but i can't - the posts disappear after posting!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Hi Nicole

I've ordered the replacement router, I don't have tracking details at the moment but you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

In regards to the engineer visit, when would you be available AM and PM? Please can you also confirm potential engineer charges.

Engineer charges

Message 11 of 39

Hi Debbie

Yes please arrange an engineer visit 

Please can you send the router to my home address 

I sent you a separate PM to that effect as the system would not allow me to reply directly to yours, I'm unsure why as I had no issues replying to previous PMs from other staff

Please could you send me the tracking details for the router once it has been sent.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 39

Hi Nicole

Apologies, I was waiting on a reply to a PM I sent you last week about where to send the router.

Would you like me to go straight to arranging an engineer visit?

0 Likes

nic1987
Team Player
Message 13 of 39

Hi Debbie - yes we have the router at the test socket - we have no other sockets in the house

An engineer would be good thanks 

Please could you check the status of the replacement router? We haven't received it yet

THanks

Nicole

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

Hi nic1987

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

nic1987
Team Player
Message 15 of 39

Morning please could someone check our line again. We keep having severe issues with our connection and the line test keeps showing faults. The average speed is still well below our minimum guaranteed speed

We haven't received the replacement  router yet but I fear this is a line rather than equipment issue

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

No problem, your router should be updated with the new firmware soon 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

nic1987
Team Player
Message 17 of 39

ok thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk I look forward to trying out the new router and seeing if that solves the problem

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Hi Nicole

Our Products Team are rolling out the firmware at the moment in batches. I can't say when yours will be updated but we advise to leave the router switched on all the time.

The firmware update usually happens overnight.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

nic1987
Team Player
Message 19 of 39

hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk Please could the new firmware be pushed to my hub as I was hoping this may solve some of the issues

Debbie -  yes please could the hub be sent my home address

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

Hi Nicole

I've replied to your Private Message.

In regards to the Sagemcom firmware, no it hasn't been updated to the latest version as yet. Our Products Team are in the process of rolling out the firmware in batches.

Thanks

Debbie