FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed

carinf88
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

I've had my broadband with you for 2 weeks now and my broadband speed is terrible! Even having one device connected like my PS4 I can't play online games. Keeps crashing and kicking me out. If I knew the speed was this bad I would of went somewhere else!

CFinlayson
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

Router and returns bag are on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

carinf88
First Timer
Message 2 of 14

Hi Michelle.

That's okay. Yeah might as well send another router to see if that will fix the problem. Fingers crossed.

Carin

CFinlayson
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Carin,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

carinf88
First Timer
Message 4 of 14

Also I do remember the engineer having trouble getting a connection from the master socket.

Carin

CFinlayson
0 Likes

carinf88
First Timer
Message 5 of 14

Also don't have another router. I never had this problem with previous broadband providers.

Carin

CFinlayson
0 Likes

carinf88
First Timer
Message 6 of 14

I've tried it with a filter and wouldn't connect and tried another socket but again it just won't connect to the Internet.

Carin

CFinlayson
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

All tests are clear but the sync speed of the router is very low.

Can you connect the router only to the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one , with a filter and see if the sync speed improves.

Also, have you tested another router to make sure the current router is not at fault ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

carinf88
First Timer
Message 8 of 14

That's my home number added.

Carin

CFinlayson
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

carinf88
First Timer
Message 10 of 14

Hi there Michelle. Unfortunately my broadband speed is still incredibly slow. I've updated my profile like you said.

Carin

CFinlayson
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 14

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

I have yes.

CFinlayson
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Have you worked your way through the help article?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-slow-broadband-speeds/ta-p/2204649 

0 Likes