FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 24 of 24
Bazzafy81xp_0-1641893392412.png

Speed to your router
47 Mbps
download
Run a live connection test
(As measured yesterday)
Bazzafy81xp_1-1641893392415.png

Speed to your device
43 Mbps
download
15 Mbps
upload ,Good Morning this is my Latest speed Test and after long Attempts By Agents 3 in fact they could not Sort out my Download speed or upload Speed ,They sent me the Latest Router which is even slower ? I upgraded to Fibre 65 Before Xmas and all was well Average Speed of 49 to 54 mbps Then our Internet went down and openreach Sorted it at the Exchange Thats when my speeds dropped but Talktalk say there is nothing Wrong at the Exchange ? I beg to differ , I am upset that i am not getting the Service we are paying for , Hope one of you can Help Regards Barry .

BazzaB
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Bazzafy81xp,

I'm sorry but we can only arrange an engineer visit if the customer has accepted potential engineer charges. However there would be no charge if the slow speed is found to be due to an issue on the Openreach network.

Chris

0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 2 of 24

Thanks Just Looked it up . , Been a Customer Since Tiscali But Don't feel Talk Talk are that Bothered about Customer Loyalty ?

BazzaB
0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

martswain

Philosopher Just looked it up thanks , Just Feel a tad Aggrieved as we have been A Customer since it was Tiscali .

BazzaB
0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 4 of 24

What is FTTP ?

BazzaB
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 24

@Bazzafy81xp if you have a line fault, unless you go to full FTTP next, then moving to another ISP that uses the Openreach copper network could mean taking your speed issues with you.

0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 6 of 24
Bazzafy81xp_0-1641903681987.png

Speed to your router
47 Mbps
download
Run a live connection test
(As measured yesterday) Latest Test so talktalk are not delivering what the Say 😞
Bazzafy81xp_1-1641903681844.png

Speed to your device
43 Mbps
download
15 Mbps
upload

The guaranteed download speed to your home TalkTalk router is 48 Mbps
BazzaB
0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 7 of 24

Well thanks for trying to sort it for Me Chris , I am not willing to Pay anything so will just run down my Contract and Try Elsewhere Regards Barry 

BazzaB
0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

There is a potential engineer charge, you can find details here - Engineers charges

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 9 of 24

The Agents when they could not Sort it offered that but told me it would Cost me which i was Reluctant to do as i am already Paying a lot for a service i'm not getting So would this still apply ?

BazzaB
0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

OK thanks. As your speed is low at the test socket with two different routers then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 11 of 24

No the telephone is fine 

BazzaB
0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Thanks for trying that. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Tried that even slower ? 

43.4 Mbps

Your average download speed

15.5 Mbps

Your average upload speed

BazzaB
0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Do I just Connect the internet Cable or the Phone aswell ?

BazzaB
0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 15 of 24

Ok I will Try That Thank you

BazzaB
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 16 of 24

The test socket is behind the removeable faceplate,  to connect to it you will need to use a microfilter as it only accepts the phone type of plug, the router then plugs into the ADSL side of the filter.

0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 17 of 24

71tsYk7XKcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BazzaB
0 Likes

Bazzafy81xp
Team Player
Message 18 of 24

A Master Socket 5c Openreach mk 4

BazzaB