FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds dropping in the evening

WTB4549
Team Player
Message 21 of 21

I've noticed my speeds are fine during the early part of the day but in the evening they drop to such a low point I cannot stream anything and have to revert to terrestrial viewing.

Frustrated doesn't cover it I'm afraid.

I keep being told speeds to my router is what was contracted  but that doesn't help with my streaming in afraid and these problems only started when I switched to talk talk.

20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

WTB4549
Team Player
Message 2 of 21

Received new router today Chris, everything up and running and all good so far 👌🤞

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21
0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Thanks Chris 👍

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

OK, I've order the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

Message 6 of 21

Yes thanks, it's worth a try👍

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

We can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

I've rebooted router and speeds are now at 18mbps, which is great for me if it stayed like this but, this always happens once I reboot router then it tails off as the day goes on.

I have an old talk talk router but it's probably about 8years old.

Message 9 of 21

Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

WTB4549
Team Player
Message 10 of 21

Just an update, can't even get on this site today using WiFi.

Have to use my phone data🙁

Message 11 of 21

OK, no problem. Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Plus I'm a pensioner and not very tech minded I'm afraid, I would just like to be able to watch Netflix without rebooting router every couple of hours.

Message 13 of 21

Sorry I don't have a computer I'm only running a firestick through ethernet and my mobile phone through wifi

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi WTB4549,

Could you run a couple of sets of pings and traceroutes to www.google.co.uk, one when the speed is OK and one when it's slow, and can you post the results - Run a Ping or Traceroute - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Thanks, I'm new to forum and was struggling to understand the site,🙄

Message 16 of 21

Many thanks Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 17 of 21

OK thanks for that, as the wired one also has a problem, then it is either the router or fibre that is causing the problem. I will ask TalkTalk support via this forum to investigate it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 18 of 21

I'm using ethernet connection to firestick and wireless to phone but it's my speeds to firestick that the problem.

Router I'm not sure just black mesh as I'm on fibre35 contract and as far as speeds go both wireless and wired fall off a cliff in the evening.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 19 of 21

@WTB4549, please follow up on this thread, where @KeithFrench is helping you, and staff should reply during the week. 

I'll move your most recent thread out of the way, to avoid duplicating work on the forum.

Sorry to see that many posts in the past didn't escalate, but you appear to be up and running properly with this.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

If the speed to the router is OK, then the connection between the router & your devices requires investigation.

How do you connect to the router when you have problems in the evening, is it via wireless or a wired (Ethernet) connection? If both, is wireless worse than wired?

What make/model of router are you using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?