FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds have dropped by quite a way. Help please

jimmymumu
Whizz Kid
Message 126 of 126

Woke up the morning of the 14th to find my sppeds were running around 6mbps , way down from 55mbps. All day long it's been hovering anywhere between 4mbps up to 26mbps. Had to restart the router and it came back briefly but then dropped off again. I'm connected direct to socket via cable on a desktop pc running windows 7. Wireless started dropping off and on, on my tablet and phone too last night and thought nothing of it and i don't know if it's part of the same problem

0 Likes
125 REPLIES 125

Message 21 of 126

Hi

Looking at the data for the last 3 days, the physical connection looks fine, speed and latency at the router are good, no external issues identified.

I am however picking up interference issues on both wifi broadcasts at times.

With this monitoring tool, we can turn on optimisation so the tool will automatically switch wifi channels if interference is detected and also band switching for devices that can utilise both 2Ghz and 5Ghz wifi.

This will auto switch between the 2 bands when range issues are detected.  Useful when moving around with a phone or tablet etc.

Do you want me to enable this feature to see if it is of benefit.  If not we can turn it off again.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 22 of 126
The router is up and running since Monday. Connection has been solid around 37mbps. Even when my son was on his xbox speeds only slightly dropped. Just hope it can stay like this now!!
0 Likes

Message 23 of 126

Bump the thread Wednesday morning and we'll take a look.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 126

okie dokie

0 Likes

Message 25 of 126

Hi

Just pushed the later firmware to the router.  Now lets give it a couple of days to gather some data and see if it shows anything.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 26 of 126

The WiFi hub is up and running. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 126

Cool, router could possibly arrive tomorrow.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 28 of 126

Okay will do. thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 126

No Problem 🙂

Let us know as soon as the router arrives and is connected and we can check the firmware is up to date so this will work with our monitoring tool.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 30 of 126

Ok sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the quick reply btw

0 Likes

Message 31 of 126

Hi

With this being a strange issue to diagnose I want to get a wifi hub out to you.  With this, we can use a network tool to actively monitor and record connection data that may help identify the issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 32 of 126
Sorry for the really late reply but got called away for a few days unexpectedly. Yesterday my other router was still only giving me between 2 and 11mbps unless i reset it, it would be fine for an hour then gradually drop. Remembered what you said about resetting the D-link so i used that. Even though i reset it, I've still been disconnected 6 times since yesterday. To me it seems too much of a coincidence that one router can't maintain the connection speed and the other constantly disconnects.
0 Likes

Message 33 of 126
0 Likes

Message 34 of 126
Yes of course. It will have to be a little later today as I'm about to go out. Thanks for your help btw
0 Likes

Message 35 of 126

Hi jimmymumu,

Ok thanks for letting me know. Would it be possible to factory reset the 3782 router and retest the stability again before we pass this over to our Network Team to find out what the next step will be?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 36 of 126
Yes it is and that is exactly the problem. If i don't reboot the router , the speed will just get slower and slower. If i do reboot it, sometimes it will be full speed for days and sometimes just hours.
0 Likes

Message 37 of 126

Hi jimmymumu,

Thanks for the confirmation. The line test is still clear, is the connection now stable with the HG633 but you're still having the reboot the router when the throughput speeds drop?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 126
Yes a cable straight from the router to my pc
0 Likes

Message 39 of 126

Hi jimmymumu,

Just to confirm, your PC is connected to your router by direct Ethernet cable not powerline adapters (home plugs)?

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 40 of 126

Hi jimmymumu,

We're experiencing a system issue at the moment so I'll pick this up later and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes