FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds have dropped by quite a way. Help please

jimmymumu
Whizz Kid
Message 126 of 126

Woke up the morning of the 14th to find my sppeds were running around 6mbps , way down from 55mbps. All day long it's been hovering anywhere between 4mbps up to 26mbps. Had to restart the router and it came back briefly but then dropped off again. I'm connected direct to socket via cable on a desktop pc running windows 7. Wireless started dropping off and on, on my tablet and phone too last night and thought nothing of it and i don't know if it's part of the same problem

0 Likes
125 REPLIES 125

Message 101 of 126

Just dug out my old corded phone, there is still noise on the line but like the speed problem it is intermittent too

0 Likes

Message 102 of 126

Hi jimmymumu

Thanks for your reply.

If the noise is still present with the corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line then we can pass this straight over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 103 of 126

I shall dig out my corded phone and try that. The line noise is intermittent and gets worse the longer you are online

0 Likes

Message 104 of 126

Hi jimmymumu

Apologies for this.

In regards to the noise on the line, is the noise still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Is the noise permanent or intermittent?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 105 of 126

Hi, the new router doesn't seem to have achieved much. Initially speeds were better but as always seems to be the case, the longer the router is connected the slower the speeds get. Yesterday we had 0.8mbps until i restarted the router. Which shot speeds back up to 55.9mbps. That lasted about 4 hours then started dropping down to 9mbps. Now i seem to be getting random disconnections and noise on my phone line too.

0 Likes

Message 106 of 126
0 Likes

Message 107 of 126

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 108 of 126

Hi jimmymumu

The DSL3782 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 109 of 126

Yes please, i'll give it a go. thank you

0 Likes

Message 110 of 126

Hi jimmymumu

I can send a DSL3782 router, would you like to test with this router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 111 of 126

Yes this happens on all devices. The router sent to me was HG633 the same as i already have

0 Likes

Message 112 of 126

Hi jimmymumu

Have you tested with both the HG633 and DSL3782 routers? 

Does this happen on all devices?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 113 of 126

Sorry clicked the best answer link by mistake. Yes i can tell, even when it goes down to 16mbps it seems slower than basic broadband at 11mbps. When it's full steam ahead all is good

0 Likes

Message 114 of 126

Hi jimmymumu

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 57.2mb.

When the speed drops does the connection feel slow or is the performance affected? This appears to be the throughput speed dropping not the sync speed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 115 of 126

Hi, i've had the router a week now and while my speeds aren't dropping as low, they're still dropping to less than 20mbps. If i restart the router it runs fine at 55mbps for a few hours, it will then drop down to around 16mbps. Eventually it comes back to speed. It happens at varying times of day and i'm still connected straight by cable. There's no interference from anything and no one has access to my network outside my home. I cant tell you what my connection speed it because the router you've sent won't let me log in to it. Tried admin and the password on the router but not having it. please advise what to do next

0 Likes

Message 116 of 126
0 Likes

Message 117 of 126

It should be here today, so i'll update you on monday. thanks again

0 Likes

Message 118 of 126

Hi jimmymumu

The replacement router is on its way. Please can you leave the replacement router connected at the test socket for at least 48hrs whilst DLM is monitoring the connection with this router connected.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 119 of 126

Yes please if that would be possible, would it need 14 days to settle down again?

0 Likes

Message 120 of 126

Hi jimmymumu

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes