FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds have dropped by quite a way. Help please

jimmymumu
Whizz Kid
Message 126 of 126

Woke up the morning of the 14th to find my sppeds were running around 6mbps , way down from 55mbps. All day long it's been hovering anywhere between 4mbps up to 26mbps. Had to restart the router and it came back briefly but then dropped off again. I'm connected direct to socket via cable on a desktop pc running windows 7. Wireless started dropping off and on, on my tablet and phone too last night and thought nothing of it and i don't know if it's part of the same problem

0 Likes
125 REPLIES 125

Message 121 of 126

I dont have another to try, my speeds were down as low as 0.02 on saturday and sunday, they crept back up over sunday night but still seem to fluctuate

@Debbie-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi jimmymumu 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 122 of 126

Hi jimmymumu 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 123 of 126

speed test are fine now but does seem a bit rise and fall, starts off at 53mbps drops down to 26mps the rises again to 49mbps ish...

Fast forward 6 hours or so and the speed has dropped again to 20mbps but upload is still 9.1mbps. used the official speed tester at http://www.supportal-test.co.uk

I rebooted my router again and speeds are back to 54.5 but it's not good if i have to keep rebooting my router is it?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 124 of 126

Hi jimmymumu,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problem with your service, could you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and run a couple of speed tests - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

jimmymumu
Whizz Kid
Message 125 of 126

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 9802

Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 59436

Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 9761

Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 73852

Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB) 5.8

Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 4.2

0 Likes