FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop router changing channel

badook
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

The router is changing channel on its own, even though I've manually set the channel in the settings. This is causing some devices on my network to have very slow/intermittent connectivity.

Why would there be a channel selector with "AUTO" and a list of channels, if the router decides what channel it wants to use anyway?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

Optimisation is now off.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I've added the details to my profile, thanks!

I'd also like to add that I think the router should switch channels only if the channel is set to AUTO in the settings, otherwise there's no point it letting users choose a channel.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Staff can switch off "wifi optimisation" for you, @badook.

Leave the router switched on, and please complete your community forum profile details so that staff can identify your account. 

You must add your Talktalk landline number by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Your thread is in a queue for attention. Please look out for their reply. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.