FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to cancel engineer appointment

mrjpd
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 4

My internet was out all morning. Someone on live chat booked an engineer for me after checking my line. My internet came back on this afternoon so I contacted live chat again to cancel it.

They said their system wouldn't let them cancel an appointment made in the last 24 hours. They also said I have to cancel before 12 the day before the appointment or I'll be charged.

That would seem to leave no window where their system will let them cancel the appointment without me being charged.

The visit was booked at 12:43 today (19/7/21)

The appointment is for 21/7/21

24 hours from the time they booked it takes me past the cut off point.

They said if I contact them tomorrow before 12 someone should hopefully be able to cancel it then. But no guarantee.

Surely I shouldn't need to be charged because of an inflexible system. I notified them I wish to cancel in time according to the terms I agreed to.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

No problem. I'm always happy to help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mrjpd
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for offering your help Ady. I've decided to let the engineer come out anyway. My internet is back up but I've had so many problems with it I think it's probably best to have someone look at it.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi mrjpd, I need to verify your identity so that I can cancel the appointment for you. 

I've sent you a personal message. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes