FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Catastrophic Speed Loss!

harrismail
Chat Champion
Message 11 of 11

I moved house a couple of months ago and BT Openreach came out and fitted a new BT master socket and since then I’ve had a good solid 60Mbps Download and 18Mbps Upload….

Until this evening..

For some unknown reason my download speed is now 3Mbps (the Upload speed is still the same)

I’ve restarted the router many times without success. I’ve even tried connecting my old router with the same results so I can only conclude that there is a problem between my router and the exchange.

Could one of you kind support staff please help troubleshoot this as it’s driving me crazy.

It maybe a localised problem that’ll sort it self out in time but I just don’t know! You guys would be able to check this.

Help!!

Regards - Steve

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi harrismail,

Thanks for the update. Your current sync speed is 52.6Mbps. If your connection remains stable DLM should move you back to a faster line profile

Chris

Message 2 of 11

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for asking.

The connection has been certainly more stable, although since whatever happened last Thursday my connection speed has dropped (from 60Mbps to 50Mbps) the upload hasn't changed much though at around 17Mbps.

I'm not sure why that's the case (it is an oddity as it was fine at the higher speed for a good while) but hopefully it won't drop any further!

Thanks again to the support team for investigating - I'll let you know if things change again.

Steve

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the connection has been?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Morning,

Thanks for the update and we will check back in with you in a few days to see how the connection/speed has been.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Thanks Michelle, I'll have to give it a few days to settle down and monitor things as the Broadband connection has really been SO unreliable over the past few days. It currently has dropped from a solid connection of about 60Mbps download (reliably for weeks) to around 50Mbps now...

One really strange thing the router did two days ago was appear to still have a DSL connection but no internet... this might be down to the issue that has been resolved though?

I will let you know how things go.

Thanks again for all your help.

Steve 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Morning,

Sorry for the delay. I've just checked and the incident is no longer showing. How is your connection/speed at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Debbie, many thanks for getting back to me.
Is this issue localised within my immediate area or further afield?
What kind of issue is it (out of interest)
Steve

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Steve

This issue/fault is still under investigation with the engineers.

We should hopefully receive some further information next week.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi Steve

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that a potential issue has been identified and I have requested further updates on this.

I will post back as soon as I receive additional information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @harrismail,

If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this also show a very low download speed. If the sync speed still looks normal it would be worth switching the router off for over 30 minutes to force it to create a new session in the street cabinet when it is switched back on.

If that doesn't fix it, a few customers have seen issues like this where the download speed plummets at peak evening time, but then recovers back to normal later in the night or early morning all by itself, so would be interesting to see if that is what happens here.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.