FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support broke my wifi

Wibble1
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

I have been having problems with the connection intermittently dropping for all devices including laptops, iPads and Android phones. Sometimes it was just android, sometimes all devices. I suspect there is a problem with the reliability of the connection and a minor problem with the router since when Android devices were unable to connect iPads and laptops could.

Eventually got tired of having to reset my router every day at least once or twice so called customer support.

First person I spoke to got the router working fine. Went out for a couple of hours and the connection was lost. Would not come back on a reset. Called again and was told to turn it off for 30 minutes. Did that, nothing changed.

Tired of talking to people who could barely understand me on the phone and to be honest who I could barely understand (I'm a native English speaker born and I've lived in South Africa so I usually have no problem with the accent)  I turned to SMS messages. This person did some more tests. The router is now broken apparently and I must wait for a new one probably arriving Thursday (today is Saturday).

Now it worked briefly this morning after the first person messed with it. I suspect the problem is not the router. Is there anyone who can get me online before the new router arrives and inevitably does nothing to change the situation? It's the new Sagemcom wi fi hub. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Wibble1

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and I can see that this has been sent. Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10
Your SMS customer service agent said one was being sent but if that hasn't been done yes please send a replacement.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 10

Hi Wibble1

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 10
Thanks Keith but sadly I think customer service may have actually bricked my router. Now won't get past flashing orange light even with hard reset. Not visible to devices so can't login
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I have just had a couple of minutes to spare, so here you are.

Please see my attached guide on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button on the post editor's toolbar as large images. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 7 of 10

I will send you a guide tomorrow evening, as I am currently busy.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10
Obviously yes I'd like any assistance. Just seems unlikely that I'd go from an intermittent connection to a completely broken router entirely by coincidence.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Whilst powering the router off & on might seem to help, you are in danger of getting slower speeds due to the DLM on the line thinking that you have errors on it. Far better is to identify the root cause & fix it. I can help a lot with this if you want it.

Keith

0 Likes