FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support going round in circles wifi hub

EddieAdkin
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi all,

I have logged 3 support request in three days - i installed a TT wi-fi hub 4 days ago and ever since it drops at least 3 times a day, the light turns orange and  in the logs there's VDSL unable to connect error, rebooting sometimes helps.

I'm fed up with doing the same tests 3 times with support, I've had openreach out to change the socket and the problem persists, the Openreach engineer even said that the router takes too long to connect and the lights don't behave like others he has seen, BUT support choose to ignore these facts every time i tell them, its Cleary the router  as i used an ASUS one prior for 3 years with none of these issues, keep troubleshooting & rebooting and then telling me here you go we have fixed the problem REALLY ? so my only option now is to purchase my own router to resolve the issue as TT clearly wont send one out to try to resolve this issue 

Anyone else had these issues with TT wi-fi hub ?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Eddie,

This has been logged out to Openreach for investigation. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Michelle,

yes that’s correct 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 8

Hi Eddie,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl,

the new router lasted about half a day before it lost connection, flashing orange light, which is as of 05:50 it’s current state, restarting dsl does not work either nor this time a power down, waiting 10 mins and power back up, it’s still at connecting status (phone line is on) establishing link....

I’ve tried running with no lan cables and a single WiFi Device attached too, once on 2ghz and once on 5ghz nothing seems to make any difference 

debug static:recive DSL port down 

any ideas as I need to work from home and this is have a massively negative impact 

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 6 of 8
Thanks Carl

I will let you know how i get on

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

I've a different model router on the way to you to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE