FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Speed Not Showing in router IP page

Armin_6150
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

Hi there,

I used to be able to check my Sync Speed in my previous house but I cant see that info anymore. My previous package was the fiber 75Mb but I've upgraded to the new fiber 150Mb package in our new house. 

I used to be able to see the Sync Speed when i logged into my router IP link, but now its all blank. I must add i have a new white BT box added before my black sagecom router. Can someone advise how i can check my sync speed again? see screenshot below from my sagecom router IP page now.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 093859.png

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

i'll drop you a PM to confirm some details to progress to an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

yes please if could arrange for that asap that would be appreciated. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. If nothing has changed with the set up since the engineer installed this then the next step would be an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

No change to the set up or equipment since the line was working normal.

Note the line test was always detecting issues since the live date. i simply ignored it during the first 10 days of joining the new package as i thought it would go away.

Appreciate if you could assist?

Thanks

Armin 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've re-run the line test which has detected a potential issue towards the property and I can see that the sync speed has dropped. Has the set up changed at all or have you added any new equipment to the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

@Chris-TalkTalk 

Hi Chris,

I was happy with my service last week when we discussed the sync speed, however I'm having a couple of issues now:

1. The speed to my router has been dropping gradually since last week and has been below my guaranteed speed now for the past few days! see screenshot below.
  2. The upload speed for my package has never been above 9-10Mbps... before upgrading to my new 150 Fibre package I had the 75Mbps package and my upload was always around 20Mbps

Can you please look into these for me?

Thanks

Armin_6150_0-1622623530871.png

EDIT: I should also add when i run a live connection test i get the following errors:

this page:

Armin_6150_0-1622624407914.png

and then this page when i press continue:

Armin_6150_1-1622624435020.png

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

The line test shows the sync speed as 120Mbps, throughput speeds are always a bit lower

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

@Chris-TalkTalk thanks Chris that makes sense now. You mentioned the current sync speed is 120 in your last response but looking at the Service Centre the Measured speed today is: 110 Mbps.

Can you tell me where you spotted the 120 Mbps?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Armin,

You don't see the sync speed because it's the Openreach modem (rather than the router) that synchronises with the exchange equipment. You could always try Service Centre

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

thats great thanks @Chris-TalkTalk 

Is there any way for me to see/check that for future maintenance etc?

thanks

Armin 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 14

Hi Armin_6150,

It's G.Fast (not future fibre) and your current sync speed is 120Mbps

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I've just updated my talktalk number with the correct one.

how do i know if its a future fibre? it just says Fibre 150 under my account.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Morning,

Is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Is this Future Fibre? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes