Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sync speed capped

16 REPLIES 16
bilalk98
Popular Poster

Hi,

I have the faster fibre with fibre speed boost package but my sync speed seems to be capped at 40mbps. I usually use a zyxel modem but switched back to the talktalk super router to see if there's any difference but its also syncing at 40mbps. It's as if the speed boost isnt doing anything or talktalk has capped my speeds to regular fibre standard. Also to add, I was on talktalk a few months ago and was syncing at much closer to the max rate of 55-60mbps, but since rejoining recently...I've been capped to 40mpbs.

Any ideas how to proceed or fix this?

Many thanks.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bilalk98

Apologies for this.

Have you powered down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

bilalk98
Popular Poster
Hi Debbie,

I just tried that but there's no change. The download sync is still 40mbps and upload is 9.99mbps.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks
OCE_Debbie

Hi bilalk98

Thanks for your reply.

If you log into My Account does the fibre speed boost show as active in My Account?

Thanks

Debbie

bilalk98
Popular Poster
Yup. The fibre speed boost is shown on my account.
OCE_Debbie

Hi bilalk98

Ok, please can you try removing the speed boost in My Account and then re adding this again?

Thanks

Debbie

bilalk98
Popular Poster
Hi Debbie,

I'm unable to remove the speed boost. Whenever I click "manage broadband boosts" on my account, it just takes me to manage supersafe. Is there anyway you could remove and re-add from your end?

Many thanks.
bilalk98
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Still hoping for an update about this please.

Many thanks

ferguson
Community Star

@bilalk98 Bear in mind that the OCE are not online at weekends, they will get back to you as soon as they can next week.

OCE_Debbie

Hi bilalk98

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I'm sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can try and remove the speed boost and then re add it again.

Thanks

Debbie

bilalk98
Popular Poster
Hi,

Just replied to the PM.

Many thanks
OCE_Debbie

Hi bilalk98

Thanks for the Private Message.

It appears that the boost hasn't gone on correctly due to the predicted speed range for your line. The predicted range is showing between 55 and 33mb, with a min guaranteed speed of 29.2mb. Apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

bilalk98
Popular Poster
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was on a different contract with Talktalk just a month ago but ended up cancelling this due to some issues (not speed related). I ultimately decided to return but I thought I'd be getting the same speeds as before? I previously was syncing at 55mb before changing, is there no way to get back to that speed because it's technically the same line I was on before with a new number?

Many thanks.
OCE_Debbie

Hi bilalk98

I'm just looking into this further and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi bilalk98

I've tried to re add the fibre speed boost but It wont allow us to add this based on the predicted speed range for your line, apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

bilalk98
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

I see. If you don't mind me asking, how come the boost was working before on the previous contract I was on but can't be applied now?

Many thanks

OCE_Debbie

Hi bilalk98

Apologies, I'm not sure why this was previously applied to your old account.

If you create a thread in the Billing, Your account & MyTalkTalk app then OCE_Arne can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie