FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync speed ok but download speed erratic

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 4

Hi had this problem since last night where my router was in sync but my speed tests showed speeds from 28 - 0.5 Meg downloads with the upload speed also dropping. restarting the router it would go back up to the original speed only to drop down again. So I just turned it fully off. I've restarted it now and it seems stable but can someone check if there's any issues with talktalk. I've done wired and non wired tests both show erratic speeds varying every few minutes. I couldn't even stream youtube as the resolution kept dropping

Is my router firmware ok

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Morning,

Is the router currently switched off? If the throughput speed increases after the router is rebooted and affects wireless and wired speeds then this would suggest a possible router issue. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 4

Hi I had it switched off for many hours only just turned it on. Currently I'm getting 29meg download which is what I usually get. But how do I avoid this congestion will this be there permanently. This issue only began last night but seems ok. Will talk talk do anything to fix this congestion in the network or do I manually change wireless channel when it occurs

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi nolimitzz,

Line test is passing and your router is in sync at 30.9Mbps (it has the latest firmware). All local wi-fi channels are showing congested which would explain fluctuating wi-fi speeds but not fluctuating speeds on devices connected by Ethernet cable. Could you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes