FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch speed keeps dropping by ~25%

braindeed
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

Hi all,

For past few weeks I've been sometimes noticing a sizable decrease in speed when more than 1 of us is using Netflix etc.  On checking the router on these occasions I've seen that the synch speed has dropped from it's norm of around 42Mbps to 32Mbps. Now as I pay for the 64Mbps service to just get that wee 10% bump up from 38 this is quite annoying.  Reporting it via the checker is pointless as it checks speed and of course it matches the reduced synch speed or thereabouts.  Every time I've rebooted the router the synch and of course throughput has gone back to normal, ~42Mbps.  Could someone have a wee look please.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi braindeed

We suggest testing at the test socket to see if DLM starts to increase the speed again in this set up.

This also rules out the faceplate and internal wiring.

0 Likes

braindeed
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 7

Hi Chris, 

No, the land-line is currently working fine.  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi braindeed,

Line test is passing, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

It's synced at 41.1Mbps right now because I again rebooted the router.  No its not connected to the test socket currently as that's extremely inconvenient.  If you've done a full invasive woosh test(if that's the tool still being used) and it shows nothing then something is causing line deterioration.  I have noticed the line dropping out very late at night, between midnight and 3am type times but I put that down to possible maintenance.  

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi braindeed

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 39.2mb.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

The sync speed won't change unless your broadband connection is actually dropping out. Have you observed what the router lights are doing when this happens?

Subject to that the support team will advise further when they are back online. 

0 Likes