FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP LINK try to get the paired for the same

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 20 of 20

Hi i am trying to get some tp-link paired with the same as my wifi hub but seems not work is the hub light ment to chnage or flash when u press the wps bution 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi

When the firmware is ready this will roll out in batches and routers will auto update.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk. Thanks for checking just got a different info from my old one.

Wps worked fine for pairing the tp kit. 

How would we know of a update to firewire??

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi

The router is up to date.  A new firmware is in the works and should be ready soon.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 20

@Karl-TalkTalk thanks 

i have just connected the new one up 

is the router up-date on it bites see below 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t

are u able to log in ???

i see it has changed a bite as the base is more softer on the surface and the plug is a different design.

i have turned the 5 wifi signal off as do not have any devices yet that will use it

love the new lay out on the setting page seems this are going up slowly in the right way

shame the pending order in my account does not show what it relates to as says fibre but must be the return bag

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi

I'll get a returns bag out to you now.

The couriers can be a bit hit and miss with delivery instructions.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 6 of 20

@Karl-TalkTalk hi have got the new router but just would like to know why no return bag for the old router ??

as another member has raised it in the iedas page @Weevie  see here karl 

or do i now just put old one in the bin???

will swap over in a few mins the routers

also to add dhl i added on the tracker to leave in porch and the driver left it in front of proch on the milk create . Seems they do not follow the rule also was signed for by driver when tracker yersterday showened no signure required 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi

Router on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

@Karl-TalkTalk  yes if u can as 1st was wps not working now can't login to the website for access to settings.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi

It's difficult to say, only way to prove this is try another, do you want me to send one out.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

It is connected and I am to unable to login. 

Will try the pair later today

@Karl-TalkTalk do u thinks it's a router faulty??

As wps was not working before

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi

I cant seem to access the rotuer at the moment.  Can you try the 'pair' and see if it works.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 12 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk up date worked fine did the job on the other router have just do another reset on the hub and now seems to do the orange light flashing so will do a check tomorrow and see if it works like it should do

snice doing the reset i have not be able to login to the router page i have trieed what is on the back and the basic admin and admin but no joy.

can u check to see if everything is working fine can u access it

will try tomorrow to do the pair with the tp devices or might be thursday

thanks for u help so far

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk  no even when turn off for 5 mins just to see will try for 30 mins later. 

Do u think a reset of the hub is required???

Did think something was wrong with it when trying to pair the tp link kit. 

@Divsec seems the router should be change colour.  

@Chris-TalkTalk i have just turned my router of for 30 mins then see if it does the light change after that if not may do a reset via the website page ???

just so u know

up date 5 30 pm just done power off with main unplugged for 30 mins no chnage

am going to try my old router a hg633

Chris why is the wps not working on hub

could it be a up-date issue????

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi hosay299,

The light on my hub flashes orange when I press the WPS button, is that what yours is doing?

Chris

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 15 of 20

Mine are not compatible also looks like my friends are not a old version on show new version of it

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

@Divsec  the kit has 3 units one small one to be plugged into the main by router and then sm2 wifi extender units I have tried what u said apart from app will try that way tomorrow Wednesday.

Thanks will see if tplink can help 

Oce can I ask should the white light on hub flash when pressed the wps button???

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi Joe, is the intention to try and use these devices entirely wirelessly which I'm not sure Is possible or more likely there are two powerline (pla) units involved.

The first unit needs to be connected to the router by ethernet then the second unit simply plugged into the electric socket try connecting a device by ethernet to check it is working OK.

Then press the wps button on your router, nothing visible happens, then the WiFi button on the extender for 1 second, once this stops flashing the connection is made.

If none of this works try this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tplink.tpplc which is rather good.

All the best sorry if I've told you things you already know😊

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 18 of 20

@Divsec hi I a issue set up the pair so the 2 units pair with my router. 

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/tl-wpa4220/

Any help would be good 

I am trying to get them to work on mine so I know what to do when my friend has them 

He's with plus net if that helps

I also have my own power line adaptors ones

Mine are unplugged when trying to get these plugged. 

Mine are 

TP-Link TL-PA4010PKIT Passthrough Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, No Configuration Required, UK Plug, Pack of 2

He want to use his as to extend his wifi.

So if I can cloine work then it simply to connect devices.

Seems info online good but not working. 

That's why asking what router hub should do when press the wps button 

Hope that gives you a clear understanding of the issue.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi @hosay299 sorry you are having trouble, which model tp link are you working on? I never found wps a satisfactory solution. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.