FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link R605 Router Connection to TTB Fibre

Netadmin
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Following a fruitless conversation with TTB Tech Support, who hide behind the 'can't talk about non-TTB routers' wall, if anyone has any information about how to connect this router to TTB, I'd appreciate it. I do have the username/password/VLAN information and I gather that the DNS addresses are automatic. There is no sign of the router connecting and I do wonder if I do need more information. If anyone has any experience of configuring a third party router (preferably TP-Link) to TTB then I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks (hopefully!).

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

You could try a ZYXEL router/modem version XMG3927-B50A that will work on g.fast and normal FTTC connection

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 2 of 8

As others have pointed out this forum is for residential customers not business customers and TalkTalk's residential and business networks are different so what one applies to one may not apply to the other. If you do a forum Search for non-TalkTalk routers you should find the instructions for connecting to the residential network.

That said, there are some basic principles that should apply.  The first of which is if the service you have is Fibre to the Cabinet then you will need to connect a modem to your incoming line and then connect your router to the modem using an ethernet cable.  Secondly the modem connection should probably be MPoA rather than PPPoE. 

The thing to remember is that the R605 is only a router and if you want to connect it to anything other than a WAN you will need a modem such as the Vigor 130 or equivalent, but make sure it supports the type of connection you have for example not all modems support g.fast.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi @Netadmin 

I'm sorry but I can't advise you on connecting to TalkTalk Business line with a 3rd party router, only to the residential packages, as I am not a customer of TalkTalk Business, only TalkTalk residential.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 8

If by TTB you mean a business line, then there is no forum support for business contracts.

From what I can see, the device you quote does not have an integrated modem so you will need a modem first.

How exactly are you trying to connect ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

And when you say TTB do you mean TalkTalk Business? In which case I am afraid these forums cannot really offer support. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Unfortunately this forum is for residential customers and all staff here (back on Monday) work for residential.

You may not find anyone here therefore, who can help you, but I have tagged someone who my be able to point you in the right direction( @KeithFrench any thoughts?).

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Which type of fibre do you have, does it it come via a separate Openreach modem?

0 Likes